OchoA in Santiago

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I have doubts but trying. Does Ocho A in Santiago have a web site where we could choose floor tiles. Not sure about the spelling but it's that bring hardware store in Santiago. I think it's Ocho A or 8A. I chose some tiles on my last trip but apparently, they can only supply for less than half my new house, so I need to choose new tiles. I have doubts that we can choose tiles from the web but trying. Any help is appreciated.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
No. Most places can't supply what you want when you are physically present, so forget about doing it online.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
oooh the times we went to Ochoa and the hache and we saw the tiles we wanted only to be told - they were out of stock.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I've been to all the major ferraterias in Santiago. Whether it's tiles or light fixtures or whatever, they never have enough in stock for my little tiny projects. Where do the contractors who are building 30 or 40 unit condos go for supplies? There must be somebody out there that actually maintains inventory.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
They get it out of the ports before it even hits the stores. Or out of Santo Domingo.

Of course many of the contractors are ordering their items way in advance as is custom with any construction project. They are not looking to get 4000 tiles for a project they have close to completion right now.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
ecarignan said:
I have doubts but trying. Does Ocho A in Santiago have a web site where we could choose floor tiles. Not sure about the spelling but it's that bring hardware store in Santiago. I think it's Ocho A or 8A.

It is Ochoa. They use 8A as a logo because eight in Spanish is ocho, so OchoA is Ochoa. If you have a car, and if Ochoa doesn't have what you are looking for, try Cobsa Caribe on the highway between Santiago and La Vega. We purchased a lot of our tile there. Good price and good quality, all imported from Spain. And they deliver. Head out of Santiago toward La Vega and keep going until you get to it. It will be on right side of road. Can't miss it. Big sign and big building. Tel: 809-276-0200, fax 809-276-0201

Last edited:

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Thanks for all your answers. I am doing this from Canada, so I will rely on the builder to choose another tile that looks similar to the one originally chosen. I have to get about 210msq, but I'll let the contractor handle this headache.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is another option

Try MERCAVEN. It is right here in Santiago, on the highway to the south.
First light on the highway. Across the street from Plaza Monumental and the first Shell Station on the highway.

Huge selection.

HB :D:D:D:D