Medical Question

slug

Oct 13, 2005
I have a relative in the US who is in need of Gastric Bypass Surgery or Lap Band Surgery. What she has is Morbid Obesity. It's very expensive there and she has no insurance. Does anyone know if they do either of these procedures in the DR and, if so, where? Also a contact and phone number if possible. I'm located on the Northcoast. Thanks.

Sep 19, 2005
this is really an unprofessional reply, but you will understand in the end why i replied. First off 2 good friends and co-workers of mine had the procedure done within the last year. so i have seen its effects and know something about it. Second on this last trip I met a really really beautiful woman who was a friend of the guy who dropped my rental car off for me. We all got to know each other a little and my girlfriend talked with her many times that weekend. Well she was supposed to meet me and my girl in santiago sunday night to go to a disco, she never answered her phone after 10 pm. In talkeing to her friend when i returned my car, he said she might not have been feeling up to dancing because she recently had the gastric bypass surgery... and man she was very attractive and sexy!!!!!!!would never have imagined she had been heavier..........good luck........bob

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
slug said:
I have a relative in the US who is in need of Gastric Bypass Surgery or Lap Band Surgery. What she has is Morbid Obesity. It's very expensive there and she has no insurance. Does anyone know if they do either of these procedures in the DR and, if so, where? Also a contact and phone number if possible. I'm located on the Northcoast. Thanks.

HI, I work for for a Major Health Insurance company, we also have members that are on medicaid. If she qualify for medicaid, and it is determined that her life depends on this surgery Medicaid may be able to pay. You may want to get in contact with Human Resource Administration in your state.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They do it here. I know of at least one person in SD who has had it done, and there was an article in Diario Libre's health supplement several months ago, featuring the person I know and another two or three people who had had the op and were at different stages of weight loss. PM me if you want me to find out more specific details.