Uploading pictures to a blog - How?

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I need instructions for uploading photos into my blog. Can you up load from a CD? How? I've tried several ways and nothing happens. Thanks for your help in advance.:lick:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What "exact" error message do you get?

On the same topic...

When you do upload a photo, try and keep it under 70-80K.
Some of you are uploading photos that are huge.
All this does is force people to skip your blog, as it takes ages for the page to load.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You need to have the photo hosted on another website, like worldisround or photobucket, then you link to the photo via the 'insert image' icon.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
No message is given by the computer

Can you give me step by step instructions for loading a picture into my profile for example. I can't seem to get anything to work. Thanks Robert.:classic:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
1. You have, let´s say a photo in your computer.
2. You log in to your blog.
3. You go to files uploads
4. There you click "Browse" until you find your picture, and then upload.
5. When uploaded click on the link that now is uploaded and have the same name as you had on it.
6. A new page opens with the picture, click on the name ( http://www.yournameofpicture.jpg ) and copy it.
7. Go to add new entry in your blog, write what you want.
When you insert a picture you click on the picture icon ( where you have the rest of the options for colors, bold, links etc ).
8. A new window opens and asks for the uRL. Paste the one you copied at # 6 and OK.

The picture is now on the blog.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
It worked, but my picture is huge. I need to find out how to resize photos before uploading them. Let the research begin.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Search is over.

Charlielyn said:
It worked, but my picture is huge. I need to find out how to resize photos before uploading them. Let the research begin.

Here's a free program that will perform many of the basic tasks that the commercial applications will. And free is my kind of price! :)

http://www.irfanview.com/

Resizing photos is very fast and easy with this application. Another thing it does extremely well (and fast) is to convert files from one format to another. I used it to convert 1,000 TIF images of up to 30 Mb each to JPEG format using the "batch processing/conversion option". Only 3 or 4 clicks and the entire job was done (though my computer required almost an hour to complete the task). :)

Swede

KarrieTamsin

Nov 26, 2008
Any engage in some soups?

I set up a ensemble crowd of soups that valid extraordinary, and can be made in big batches and frozen.
Is there any interest?