Medical insurance

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
What medical insurance are you that live in the DR using and which do you recommend. I need one that covers dental costs.

I have heard of:

Monumental
ARS Human
La Colonial
La Universal

Which do you recommend when taking into account price, coverage, risk (economic problems like Segna).

Thank you in advance.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I have had ARS Popular which was great coverage and wide network, but had a higher cost. We switched to ARS Palic Salud which has covered everything they said they would, lower cost, but smaller network of providers. Both provided dental coverage.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
windeguy said:
After shopping around, we also went with ARS Palic Salud and it works well.
However, with the plan we have, Dental coverage is not extensive, so double check on that.

I also have ARS Palic Salud, and we are happy with it so far.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
HOWMAR said:
I have had ARS Popular which was great coverage and wide network, but had a higher cost. We switched to ARS Palic Salud which has covered everything they said they would, lower cost, but smaller network of providers. Both provided dental coverage.
How much less does the ARS Palic Salud plan cost? In another thread you said the ARS Popular plan cost 510RD.

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
rellosk said:
How much less does the ARS Palic Salud plan cost? In another thread you said the ARS Popular plan cost 510RD.
Excuse my error. We switchhed from ARS Popular when they raised our rate from 510 to 730. We replaced it with ARS Palic Salud about 8 months ago for 510/month.

At what age will The insurance company stop writing health insurance policies?

Do your policies cover everything (cancer, dialysis, transplant, etc.) and is there a yearly limit on coverage?
Yes, and yes, 300,000 per year.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
carina said:

I am interested in the dental coverage. Does anybody on the board, have any experience of the ARS Palic Salud dental coverage? I am asking because my experience with insurance agents is that they always say the coverage is good...

Also, how did you get the insurance. Any agent close to Sosua?

Thank you in advance.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
DR Mpe said:
I am interested in the dental coverage. Does anybody on the board, have any experience of the ARS Palic Salud dental coverage? I am asking because my experience with insurance agents is that they always say the coverage is good...

Thank you in advance.
I got my ARS Palic Salud through our group at work. The policy can be bought as an individual through an agency, but will be priced about 20% higher and must be paid on an annual basis.
I had dental work done and it covered about 2/3. I had a root canal, post and porcelin crown, including x-rays, regular exam and cleaning, etc. It cost me about 4000 pesos out of pocket.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
carina said:

Do you Carina, or anyone else on the board, have any experience of the dental coverage?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
DR Mpe said:

Thank you in advance.
You might want to work backwards. Call the dentist that you would prefer to use and ask him which dental plans he participates in, and which has the best coverage.