Coconut Palms resort

zidar

Oct 15, 2005
Has anyone had any personal experience with the Coconut Palms resort by Sosua? Is it suitable for a family with older teens who want to learn to surf?
Any suggestions in dividing a 10 or 12 day holiday between two locations?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This is what I can tell you, without ever having stayed there myself.
I was around and doing business with them when they first opened, and they were known to have won several awards for fine food and service.
They seem to have maintained a high standard throughout the years, according to many clients we have met, who stayed there.
The rooms are not air conditioned but have a great breeze.
Little touches make you feel special, like the maids setting the breakfast table for you in your suite.
Judy, who administrates the complex is not only competent but sweet, friendly and helpful.
They have a free frequent service bus into Sosua, and maybe even Cabarete.
The are directly accross the road from Gypsy Ranch, one of the more accredited equitation centers on the North coast.
As you know from my replies to you on another website, they are within walking distance of El Encuentro beach, our local surf beach.
They are dead center between Sosua & Cabarete, approx. 5 minutes drive away from either one.
If your kids went to Cabarete or Sosua for a bit of nightlife, they should be able to get a taxi back for 15 bucks, if they prefer to not take the public transport, which would cost them 3 bucks, collectively.
The grounds are pretty, as is the pool and some of the rooms have spectacular views.
You might be able to arrange to rent 2 suites next to each other and everybody would have the vacation of their lives.

DianaC

Jan 8, 2005
I have stayed there...

I have stayed there, and everything that Rocky has said above is true.

woodside

Feb 28, 2006
The Coconut Palms Resort

is this resort on the beach? does anyone have pictures? i plan on going with my kids in the month of august. thanks:rolleyes:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
woodside said:
is this resort on the beach? does anyone have pictures? i plan on going with my kids in the month of august. thanks:rolleyes:
It's sort of on the beach.
That is to say that their property doen't extend to the beach, but you could see it from a high apartment, and walk to it in 5 minutes.

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
stayed there 3 yrs ago .it was very good. beach not that special, but i would go back there for sure

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
coconut palms

i have stayed there on both of my trips to DR and will stay again next march for a week .rooms are very clean ,maids are very good,staff is incredable and will go out of their way to please you .i did not get the meal plan as we are really not on the resort all that much and want to go out and explore the country .it is a small resort no wrist bands .everyone knows you by name and it feels like a home away from home .the beach is on the grounds and it is about a 5 min walk to get there but they do have a free tut-tut ( as they call it ) that will take u to the beach.there is also a tiki bar on the beach and a surf shop/rental.the pool is very clean andthe grounds are very clean ..sometimes can get noisy as the bar is in the middle of all the rooms next to the pool.but me and my sister did not care.we just got back in march 2006 and are goiong again march of 2007 and they are already booked up we gotthe last 1 beedroom left ..we will also be renting an apartment the last week of our vacation this year as we love this country and our vacations seem to get longer and longer everytime ..eventually to live there part time ..i do have pictures of the resort from both my first trip and my second trip ..just to give you an idea of the grounds and the rooms if you would like to see email me at tracy_lynn23@yahoo.com ..also they do have a free shuttle to and from sosua and cabarete.

hope this helps
tracy