DR Car Insurance not Rental, Local

bdaric

Aug 28, 2003
A 30 year old Dominican woman is buying a Toyota Corolla for use in and around Puerta Plata to Cabarete as a taxi, does anyone recommend a reasonable insurance company and any idea what she might pay?
Only recently passed the chaffuer escuela so not a heck of a lot of driving experience.

Everyone has to learn to drive sometime so no "oh my God she's/we're going to die" stuff thanks all the same.....

Tried the Search for Car Insurance Rates but it turned up many warnings for tourists about the risks of not having insurance, rather than any on local rates.

I realise insurance is based on personal experience and age but know that companies have scales they use for their calculation.

Any positive advice would be welcomed.........

Thanks,

bdaric......

bdaric

Aug 28, 2003
Car Insurance

Great! just the sort of info I wanted, good related stuff too.

Thanks!

bdaric......

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I would imagine that you better tell the insurance company that you are using the car as a taxi. I'm sure the fine print of a standard policy has an exclusion for commercial use of the vehicle.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
YOu can email Tania at

timbert@francofernandez.com

She is an insurance broker here in Puerto Plata. She has always taken care of everything I need and is very knowledgeable. She speaks reasonable english too!