Lake near Sabana Del Puerto

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
Drive down off the mountain from Constanza. I see, what seems to be a large long lake running north and south On the map of the DR ,I can not find a river or dan that feeds it. It has the town of Sebana Del Puerto on its shore. I would like to find a source of information on the lake or town. If you live there, know a source of info, or just help in general. I would certainly apprciate the help. Bass fisherman in Constanza. PS> I have already tried the search button...happy and still single retired grengo in Constanza...

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Luperonsailor said:
Drive down off the mountain from Constanza. I see, what seems to be a large long lake running north and south On the map of the DR ,I can not find a river or dan that feeds it. It has the town of Sebana Del Puerto on its shore. I would like to find a source of information on the lake or town. If you live there, know a source of info, or just help in general. I would certainly apprciate the help. Bass fisherman in Constanza. PS> I have already tried the search button...happy and still single retired grengo in Constanza...

You are looking at the lake formed by the Rinc?n dam (la presa de Rinc?n).

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
mirador..That helps.Rincon is on the map.
I see nothing about a dam. Can you give me any other resorces on info. Please read my othe ost about fishing/camping areas. Thanks Billy

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Luperonsailor said:
mirador..That helps.Rincon is on the map.
I see nothing about a dam. Can you give me any other resorces on info. Please read my othe ost about fishing/camping areas. Thanks Billy

Is this what you're looking for Presa de Rincón?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Luperonsailor said:
I got the best map this country has to offer and the inter net...I need local lore

best map?...and you could not find Sabana del Puerto or Rinc?n dam?

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
Rincon town, no dam, the town of Sabana del Puerto. It was the only map available in all the stores that I serched thru. I can only buy what I can find, that is why I turned to this forum for asistance. If you can't help me please go rip someone else. I just expected some nice caring individuals with keyboards to be friendly.

DianaC

Jan 8, 2005
Map

I bought a great map of the DR at the Super Super in Sosua... it has the dam and the lake.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Luperonsailor said:

I have 2 maps that show this lake. The first is a laminated Berndtson & Berndtson map titled "Dominican Republic 1:600,000" I bought one of these either in Santo Domingo or Boca Chica. Costs about $10 US. There is a picture of the map here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/3897075059/videoclipsoft-20/002-0476504-5388809?creative=327641&camp=14573&link_code=as1

The second is titled "dominikanische republik 1:450,000".

You can also find the lake using the Google Earth program

Swede

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Go to the town and ask

If you take a trip to the town and ask the local for the location of the lake, they will most gladly tell you where it is. Make sure they go with you as Dominicans like to point, make hand and facial gestures and say "alli mismito", when in reality the place if far and hidden. Don't forget to tip them with they take to the spot.