Visitor's Visa to Quebec, Canada

Franceska

May 29, 2005
Good evening,

I have read alot of things here but I still want to give you all the facts... and if someone can tell me if they know someone who succeed in getting a visitor's visa or if they know if there are any chances in getting one, please let me know.

I am living in Quebec, Canada. I have family in the Dominican Republic therefore have been going 5 times since January 2005, in San Pedro de Macoris.

I met my boyfriend there in January, in a local club. I love the place and so does he and we don't want to live in Canada, we want to live over there. So I am going to work there in 6 months which is not SO BAD to wait for, in case the visa doesn't work. But I would still love for him to come here for christmas, only for 1 month so that we can spend some time so we tried for a visitor's visa last week when I was there. We will know on October 27.

Here are the facts and what we gave the Embajada:

1. The Visitor's Visa Form
2. His passeport which was issued in 2002
3. 1 picture of himself
4. A letter from his employee stating that he works as electrician, was employed for 5 years and earn 19 500 pesos per month
5. A letter from hi bank account with the equivalent of 1500$US
6. 2 letters from notorio, stating that he owns 2 houses on his name
7. A letter from the policia stating he never did anything wrong
8. An invitation letter from notorio stating he won't have anything to pay while visiting, with birth certificate and employee letter
9. His birth certificate
10. The insurrance he will have when he will be visiting Quebec

Allright so we tried everything and tried to provide all paper possible... I will know by the 27th but if you can give me your opinion.......... would be nice! I really don't know what are chances..

Gracias,
Franceska

Franceska

May 29, 2005
By the way,

He is 25 years old and worked for this company for 5 years. Will that help tha he isn't a resort worker or doesn't change anything?

When people are talking about visa being rejected here.... was it for Resort Worker or ?

Thanks alot

Franceska

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I'll bet they say no. And they won't say why as they are not required to. The salary of $600 a month will look worse there than in the DR. They might not believe you can be a 5 year journeyman electrician at the age of 25 as well. Remember it is not a visa for Quebec, it is one for Canada. I have to say of all the posts about these requests this one at least seems to be to someone that appears more or less worthy vs. sankie boys from resorts.

When people talk about rejections here it is more or less for everyone - the average is 200-500 a year given out, and the 500 was the year the pope was here and a few hundred kids came for world youth day.

Franceska

May 29, 2005
Allright...

I know they don't care and will think he is just like everyone else, but they cannot NOT believe everything we gave is true because EVERYTHING is true... Can't they not call if they have doubt? He has been working there for 5 years that is true and a salary of 19 500 pesos over there is not so bad. Plus, it is normal he cannot have so much in his bank account as he has 2 houses to pay for...

Oh well... I bet I will just have to go back in Christmas until I get there for good in march.... But it is silly..

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Franceska said:
Allright...

I know they don't care and will think he is just like everyone else, but they cannot NOT believe everything we gave is true because EVERYTHING is true... Can't they not call if they have doubt?

Yes, for sure the first thing an overworked civil servant in some room full of paperwork (and who benefits from getting rid of it faster) will do is call people to ask them about Pedro.

Hey wait until the 27th, one never knows. Don't buy him a non refundable ticket though.

Franceska

May 29, 2005
Haha lol :)

Well I do hope he will call to ask as many questions as possible....!

Btw, he will buy his ticket himself that is to say he does have the money to come... Wish they knew all that!

Well I'll soon buy my one-way ticket so I guess it's not like I have to wait a year! It's sad to know honest people who can come won't be able to because of all these stories we hear all the time.

Thanks tho, I'll wait until the 27, who knows....... maybe I'm up for a miracle in my life :)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
We have a friend who has already been to Canada several times.
He owns his own business, makes about US$40,000 per year, owns a house and whose visa had expired.
This year he applied for a visitor visa to Canada in Santo Domingo rather than waiting until he got to New Jersey where he has family which is what he usually does when he comes to vist us.

Guess what?????

Visa denied!!!!

I guess I should mention that he is single but we are not so it is a single white Dominican male visiting a Canadian family.