dominican band playing in CT this weekend

Sep 19, 2005
my dominican friends in ct tell me that the band El Prodigio is playing right downtown danbury ct this weekend, and its a well known merenge band from the DR!! I called my GF in the dr and she knows them well... sooo how much of a treat is it gonna be to go see these guys?...are they a big name or middle of the road...not that i would have any different attitude going in. went to santiago in july and got treated to Ferdando villalona at AB1....my girl said he is very big in the DR....bob

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
my dominican friends in ct tell me that the band El Prodigio is playing right downtown danbury ct this weekend, and its a well known merenge band from the DR!! I called my GF in the dr and she knows them well... sooo how much of a treat is it gonna be to go see these guys?...are they a big name or middle of the road...not that i would have any different attitude going in. went to santiago in july and got treated to Ferdando villalona at AB1....my girl said he is very big in the DR....bob
I've seen him last month in Santiago. Posted pics, should be up soon.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Bob

It depends how much of a merengue connoisseur you are. El Prodigio's music is merengue t?pico which is no comparison to Fernandito Villalona. Two very different styles of merengue. Personally, I love merengue t?pico when I go out dancing but rarely would play it at home. However, you seem open minded so capitalize on the opportunity and sample it for yourself. Just my opinion.

LDG.

laurapasinifan said:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
His photo is on the gallery

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Ricardo900

That's El Prodigio! His website is still under construction but I will include the link anyway for those who are interested. Keep it in your favorites and soon it will be complete.

Do you like his music? I am just curious.

elprodigio.com

LDG.

Ricardo900 said:
His photo is on the gallery

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Lesley D said:
That's El Prodigio! His website is still under construction but I will include the link anyway for those who are interested. Keep it in your favorites and soon it will be complete.

Do you like his music? I am just curious.

elprodigio.com

LDG.
haha, I didn't know who he was when I was taking the photos, but my friends from the University sure knew him. I am starting to enjoy his music now, haha, "I guess better late than never"