NortVS South

believer

Oct 12, 2005
Hi guys: COnsidering heading back to the DR. Used to work for Puerto Plata News last time I was there with Danilo but spent most of my time on the North Coast and well, busy surviving didn't get much time to get around. Not too worried about employment always found many opportunities there as I am trilingual and multitalented (paint your body? ready your stars m'am? Run your cafe? SURE!) but am wondering what it is like in the SOuth. Looking for comparative feedback. WHat you like or don't like about South DR living, or why one is preferable to the other in your opinion.

THanks.
THe Camp Counsellor

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Better Stay Up "North"!

I found many young adult foreigners working in the Puerto Plata,Sosua,Cabarete Beach Bars, shops,hotels than here in the South!
ccccccccc

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I just like the North Coast more because it is LUSH and Beautiful and I would also like to say that the water taste like wine but I couldn't say that in good conscience:) Another reason I settled there is because it isn't as prone to Hurricanes. I am anxious to hear what Mango Larry has to say after experiencing one of those bad boys!

Usually you will hear people that live in the South like it better and people that live in the North like that better also. We would be hardpressed to admit we are living in not the perfect place and for honesty sake I live on the North Coast. Kind of like asking someone which is better, a Ford or a Chevy. It would depend on what they drive I guess to what the answer would be. Hard to admit mistakes:)

Escott

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
Escott said:
I just like the North Coast more because it is LUSH and Beautiful and I would also like to say that the water taste like wine but I couldn't say that in good conscience:) Another reason I settled there is because it isn't as prone to Hurricanes. I am anxious to hear what Mango Larry has to say after experiencing one of those bad boys!

Usually you will hear people that live in the South like it better and people that live in the North like that better also. We would be hardpressed to admit we are living in not the perfect place and for honesty sake I live on the North Coast. Kind of like asking someone which is better, a Ford or a Chevy. It would depend on what they drive I guess to what the answer would be. Hard to admit mistakes:)

Escott

he he

Were you in the North Coast when the earthquake of 9/2003? How was it there? In the South Coast was smoothy. :)

Last edited: