I didn't know where to post this....

Kristina_T

Oct 26, 2004
Hello there everyone,

It's been a long long time since I wrote here. But I'm leaving to go to DR on Sunday. I usually stay in the Punta Cana/Bavaro area, but this time I'm apparently stayin in the Uvero Alto area.

I've heard people mention discos like Mangu and Areito (sorry, don't know how to spell them...) and I have a feeling they're really far away from where I am. Does anyone have an estimate as to how far exactly, or how expensive the cab ride could be? I don't know if it's worth it or not. Or maybe there's an even better suggestion....

Please and thank you for any responses.

Kristina_T

:nervous:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Kristina_T said:
Hello there everyone,

It's been a long long time since I wrote here. But I'm leaving to go to DR on Sunday. I usually stay in the Punta Cana/Bavaro area, but this time I'm apparently stayin in the Uvero Alto area.

I've heard people mention discos like Mangu and Areito (sorry, don't know how to spell them...) and I have a feeling they're really far away from where I am. Does anyone have an estimate as to how far exactly, or how expensive the cab ride could be? I don't know if it's worth it or not. Or maybe there's an even better suggestion....

Please and thank you for any responses.

Kristina_T

:nervous:

If you desire to mix with the locals these discos are in the Plaza Bavaro area about 30 - 40 minutes from Ulvero Alto. A reasonable guess, is the one-way taxi fare would be about US$ 25-35. The resorts in Ulvero Alto have entertainment facilities for their guests.

Regards,
PJT

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The regular hotel discos are usually pretty lame compared to Mangu's (never been to Areito)

In Mangu's, dont forget to check the upstairs which IMO has much better music.

Kristina_T

Oct 26, 2004
Thank you!!

Thank you very much for the info. $25-35 is a lot. Maybe I'll just go to one or the other once.

I didn't know I was gonna be so far away from the Bavaro area! Oh well... thanks again for the info.

Kristina_T

;)

Kristina_T

Oct 26, 2004
El Maestro 23 said:
So did you get to go or not ??? :bandit:

Yes I did! Mangu was lovely. It was all decorated for Hallowe'en. I went with a good group of people and we all had a good time. But I didn't go to the other one.

Thanks for asking El Maestro! long time no see! :lick:

Kristina_T

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Kirstina,

Try asking around after when you arrive (night time at the bar or lobby is a g ood place to star) if anyone is planning to go to one of these two places and if they are willing to split the taxi fare (taxi from hotel will pick you up and drop your off) if arranged before you go. Usually you will find singles and even couples who pair up in in groups. Try doing this early in the week to make plans and follow up withwhom ever. Those clubs are busy only on Thursdays/Fridays & Saturdays (maybe an odd Sunday). So you can spent your money and know it's worth it.

On the beach and during the daily entertainment is another good time and place to mingle and socialize to see if you can set up something with other tourists.

Word of advice, when paying the taxi, one way or both, count your peos in front of him before your pay. Some are not so honest.

Kristina_T

Oct 26, 2004
Thanks...

I appreciate that, that's what we did. Actually some girls from Montreal came up to us and constantly wanted us to go with them to split the taxi... so we did a couple of times, it was worth it! I had a great time.

Thanks again for the advice!

Kristina_T

;)