hair dressers in santo domingo

Gingernutter

Oct 12, 2005
Hi
after being here two months I am desperatly in need of a hair cut. I have been avoiding the issue as i?m not sure how to ask for what I want!.
I have strait ginger hair. Would someone be able to recomend good hair dresser preferably near the zona colonial area and who maybe speaks abit of english.
Also what should I expect to pay.
Thankyou

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
The only hairdresser that speaks English (very well) that I know of is in the Jorge Luis Salon. It isn't very close to the colonial zone however. It is on the corner of Enriquillo (Sarasota changes its name after it passes the supermarket La Cadena) and Privada. In my opinion it is also fairly expensive for salons here in the capital. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Nowhere near the Colonial Zone

Gingernutter said:
Hi
after being here two months I am desperatly in need of a hair cut. I have been avoiding the issue as i?m not sure how to ask for what I want!.
I have strait ginger hair. Would someone be able to recomend good hair dresser preferably near the zona colonial area and who maybe speaks abit of english.
Also what should I expect to pay.
Thankyou

But the best hairdresser I've found here is David Brand at Nolasko's on the 2nd floor at Plaza Central. Reasonably priced (RD$250), fair spoken English and some very good coffee.....