Thread: Looking...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting another foot in the door--looking for work

Hi my name is mike from the UK, can only speak English ,but a fast learner spent a week over in the DR installing a Siemens Medical Diacam, gamma camera , have many years experinece in the computer/ electronic industry , Looking for something similar or something total different ,last 16 yers working for siemens Medical Nuclear Medicine Devision,and the last 5 years as National Technical support Engineer in the UK

So fell in Love with your country and a lovely girl in Santiago, wish to spend the rest of my life there and with her, and I have come back to look hard for work.

If you know of anything in this field / or something different please let me know.

Thanks for your time

Michael batten

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

What sorts of jobs are there in your country for someone who cannot speak English? Ditto for you working in a country where you cannot communicate.

If you are doing OK there why not try to move her to the UK instead? Vs. the $500 a month at best you would hope to earn in the DR?

Credibility question - how many trips/times have you been there to see and already fall in love with this girl? I pray more than once or twice.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricktoronto
    ... how many trips/times have you been there to see and already fall in love with this girl? I pray more than once or twice.
    It only takes one time!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike is already living here in Santiago Rick - left England to make his life here & is making every effort to intigrate with the Dominicans. He plays down his learning of Spanish because he is a little shy to use it in public, but it IS coming on & he becomes more confident on a daily basis. As he says, he is a FAST learner & I am sure, given a bit of encouragement with work, will survive quite easily once on the work trail we all had to start with!!

Is the girl he is living with right for him & will the 'LOVE' continue??? Who knows, but he is giving it a try!! I am sure we all wish him well! ~ GWB.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL BATTEN
    siemens Medical Nuclear Medicine Devision,and the last 5 years as National Technical support Engineer in the UK
    The only nuclear medical facility I know of here is part of Plaza de Salud in Santo Domingo. I suggest you contact Criss Colon (moderator) that posts on this board. He is an expert in this area and works in Santo Domingo. He may be able to point you in the right direction.