DR1 threaders in Sebana Del Puerto

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
I would like to find out more about the town of Sabana Del Puerto near La Vega and Banao. If anyone has any info, I have some questions. Especially about the camping/fishing there. I have been told that their are large mouth bass and carp, but today I saw two breeds that were just caught and brought to Constanza to sell, One was talapia ( simular to a perch or bream )but feed on plankton and filters water. the other the fisherman said was a bass, but I have never seen afish like it. First it had a very small mullet type mouth and very large U.S. quarter size scales and more pinkish than brown. If you can help with where to camp and what to fish with/tackle/bait or dough balls/Do I have to resort to chumming and a cast net? Billy

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Luperonsailor said:
I would like to find out more about the town of Sabana Del Puerto near La Vega and Banao. If anyone has any info, I have some questions. Especially about the camping/fishing there. I have been told that their are large mouth bass and carp, but today I saw two breeds that were just caught and brought to Constanza to sell, One was talapia ( simular to a perch or bream )but feed on plankton and filters water. the other the fisherman said was a bass, but I have never seen afish like it. First it had a very small mullet type mouth and very large U.S. quarter size scales and more pinkish than brown. If you can help with where to camp and what to fish with/tackle/bait or dough balls/Do I have to resort to chumming and a cast net? Billy

Chumming and a cast net will do. By the way, what's chumming and a cast net?

Regarding a tackle/bait shop in the surroundings, forget it!

Regarding camping sites with full hookup facilities, nothing of the sort in the entire island.