racial/ethnic divisions in residence?

wildnfree

Jun 14, 2005
Hola a todos,

I was wondering if there is a such a thing as more "white" or more "black" cities in DR as there is in the States...? Like, are there areas where more white / whiter dominicans live and others that are more darker? Or are there no white dominicans? I have read that previously many Jews, Italians and Hatians have made the DR their home.
Gracias.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
wildnfree
The short answer is yes, some areas are more "white" than others, and yes, there are definately white dominicans. Check the archives-- this topic has been explored in depth. K

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
And you also have white-blacks:bandit: :classic: I'm kaukasian and my Dominican wife skintone is bleaker than mine but she has all the features of a typical black womans body (if such a woman excist) ;) And i love it....

Greetings

Johan

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Wildnfree

To answer your question yes there are cities that are "whiter" and cities that are "blacker" you will usually see more lighter people in the larger cities and the darker people in the further away towns.

Puerto Plata for the most part is darker, but the aristocracy is lighter. Same goes for most of the country. Also there are areas in the mountains which are known for lighter skin tones, hair color and eye color.

It is something if you were able to drive across the country you would be able to see.