For the over 1000 posts...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We were having a conversation about those things that have *not* been covered/discussed on DR1.. but could not come up with anything.... Can you think of anything that has not been covered?

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
Here's a question I don't think has been discussed: is there anything that can be done to cover ugly granite floors?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
BigDaddy said:
Here's a question I don't think has been discussed: is there anything that can be done to cover ugly granite floors?

I covered one pretty well a few hours after I discovered Brugal...

I have heard some people use carpeting or ceramic tiles for this though.

Carpet will mildew easily so it's a bad choice most of the time.

Ceramic tiles are not cheap but there are alot of options and the cheap labor costs for installation offsets the high material cost.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok I thought of one

On the way to SD I noticed what seemed like little houses in a cemetery and I can't remember if I asked some friends about it or I posted the question. I did a search and can't find anything on this.

May not be a pleasant subject but what are the procedures and customs on the death of a loved one.

What are funeral costs etc in DR.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow did I just kill this thread?

I think it's important info to have especially if anyone is going to retire in the DR. ;)

May 31, 2005
I'm not too sure on the costs but my great grandmother is buried in a little house in the cemetery. Its a house with a hole big enough for the coffin to fit in. I think there is space for two or three coffins in there too. Each coffin fits in its own little compartment.

May 31, 2005
They also have rezos and orasantas for the person that died.

I haven't had too many people close to me die. The only person was my great grandmother and I was just a little girl. I don't remember too much.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Those little houses are Bobedas.

In local custom, beside the burial expenses you most take into account the following indirect cost:

-Money for coffe, crackers and other snacks.

-Money for the group of ladies that pray the rosary. Sometimes they bring other ladies who purpose is to get hysterical, shaky, overly griefing and throw themselves onto people and floor. Se ponen malas (as in sick).

-Money for alcohol. Sometimes the guest will bring their own.

-Money for renting chairs, and tables.

-Money for renting a bus to transport the mourners.

-Money for nine days of praying with a big bash on the nighth day.

-Cuentos and chistes (tales and jokes) come free.

-Light colors, white and black wardroves are considered mourning clothes.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Wow did I just kill this thread?

I think it's important info to have especially if anyone is going to retire in the DR. ;)

LOL Anna! .. We'll have to add this very important funeral information to Larry's list of questions ;)

Anything else you can think of that we have not covered? Aside from funerals and man-boobs? :classic:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
External anal hemmorrhoids removal surgery in santiago. I will give you all a full report as soon as I heal from my surgery.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Man boobs
We saw some in Scott's blog though. ;)

We see them here at El Neptuno when Scott is swimming in the pool.:surprised

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Chris said:
We were having a conversation about those things that have *not* been covered/discussed on DR1.. but could not come up with anything.... Can you think of anything that has not been covered?

I hear a lot about these there "Sankies" . What about a thread on Sankies? It might be that some women have been taken advantage of by them or are at such a risk?

Signed,

Goober.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Maybe we should have the 2005 post awards? Vote for the best, stupidest, funniest etc.

Anyone want to organise this?

That's a topic we haven't covered :)

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
ricktoronto said:
I hear a lot about these there "Sankies" . What about a thread on Sankies? It might be that some women have been taken advantage of by them or are at such a risk?

Signed,

Goober.

:confused: for a couple of seconds I thought I was in the twightlight zone then I saw the username. :laugh:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert said:
Maybe we should have the 2005 post awards? Vote for the best, stupidest, funniest etc.

Anyone want to organise this?

That's a topic we haven't covered :)

I have some of the best and stupidest ever written in my forum. :ermm:

Even if they are made up you gotta give them an A for creativeness. :nervous:

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I am not over 1000 but I like the idea of awards. There should be a poll with nominated threads for each category. Maybe the mods can solicit nominations and then conduct the poll with the top ten.

Winners get....

Who knows. A little blue ribbon by their username.

Categories (for starters)

Best Thread by Someone Sankified
Best Advice on How to Deal With Sankies
Most Useful Thread for Moving to the DR
Most USeful Thread for Marriage and Visa
Strangest Thread that has DR content
Poster of the Year

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hahaha!!

AZB said:
External anal hemmorrhoids removal surgery in santiago. I will give you all a full report as soon as I heal from my surgery.

I've been laughing for the last few minutes after reading this......this is insane. That's one of the funniest posts thus far this year. And the bad thing is that it's probably very serious as well. Sorry Aftab, can't stop laughing.....

Oh yeah: the poster of the year has got to be a tie between Larry and Jazzcom, err, I mean Escott, I mean the Flogging Blogger. LOL