Massage Therapist, Nail Technicians, or Estheticians

NICKNACK

Oct 24, 2005
Hey out there. This is my first post.

Are there any expats working as Massage Therapist, Nail Techs, or Estheticians in the D.R.?

Does anyone know if there is a need for these services?

Anything you know would be helpful!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Be careful if you go into a "massage parlor" what kind it is. Don't want to apply for the wrong job.

L

LarrySpencer

ricktoronto said:
Be careful if you go into a "massage parlor" what kind it is. Don't want to apply for the wrong job.

Wouldn't that be quite the surprise when your first client walks in for a little rub down!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Technically they are expecting a rub up and down. And up and down..........As to the OP boy there is no shortage of peluquerias and bellazas in the DR.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
NICKNACK said:
Hey out there. This is my first post.

Are there any expats working as Massage Therapist, Nail Techs, or Estheticians in the D.R.?

Does anyone know if there is a need for these services?

Anything you know would be helpful!

Hi .... I am the organiser of the Fashion & Beauty Show on Friday 18th November at Kite Beach Hotel in Cabarate. Please PM me if you would like more details. We are estimating at least 150 people at the show and there will be a magazine with advertising space and a raffle plus a chance for everyone to browse and buy other goods ie.. hand made jewelry, body products etc....

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
ricktoronto said:
150 People attending or displaying? 150 attending is pretty depressing crowd.

Invitation flyers are being given out plus around 200 personal invitations are being sent with RSVP requested .... we are just estimating at 150 people coming to watch the Fashion & Beauty Show ... Radio advertising, posters etc... will be seen & heard around 1 or 2 weeks before the show. If you have any suggestions of a way I can get people to rsvp let me know. For the people that let me know that they are coming I hope to have enough seats the others will have to stand etc...

NICKNACK

Oct 24, 2005
Who Would Be Attending? Would It Be Potential Clients? Would It Be Locals, Other Expats?

I An Thinking Because Of The Replys That I Got Maybe It Would Be Wise To Stick To Waxing, Facial Services And Nail Services.

Any Suggestion And Any Other Information And Details On The Beauty Show Would Be Great.

Thanks

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Fashion & Beauty Show

NICKNACK said:
Who Would Be Attending? Would It Be Potential Clients? Would It Be Locals, Other Expats?

I An Thinking Because Of The Replys That I Got Maybe It Would Be Wise To Stick To Waxing, Facial Services And Nail Services.

Any Suggestion And Any Other Information And Details On The Beauty Show Would Be Great.

Thanks

Date of show .. Friday 18th November at Kite Beach Hotel in Cabarete
I have 2 fashion stores selling clothes from france, 1 fashion for men, 1 swimwear and maybe one more by the end of this week taking part plus others selling jewelry, sunglasses, skin care products.. There is a magazine with tips on fashion and beauty and advertising space and a lottery.
A welcome drink and buffet is available with other drinks from Kite Beach Hotel bar. I have a photographer and a video recording that will be done at the show. Around 20-25 models ranging from 15 to 40 something. Advertising starts tomorrow with Rubi radio station. Expecting at least 150 people .. mainly expats from Sosua, Cabarete and Puerto Plata and for sure potential clients..... Are you in Sosua ? would you be interested in taking part in the show ? contact me if interested... sylviacheal@hotmail.com 809 853 6158
Posters, flyers & invitation have started being distributed... a lot of work to get this show organised but I am sure it will be well worth it.