Jarabacoa Hotels

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
Hello out there. I have been coming to the DR for a couple of years and have always ventured to the North Coast, specifically Sosua and Las Terrenas which have been great. As I approach retirement I think about coming to the DR for a few winter months to enjoy the people, some things about the lifestyle and of course the weather. However I am not a lay on the beach, hot weather kind of person. Fpr this reason I am interesyed in exploring the higher elevations. Daytime highs in the 60's are fine with me. I'm looking for suggestions. I have heard about Jarabacoa, Constanza and Bonao. Is Moca high enough to have lower temperatures in Feb.? Any hotel suggestions or places to go when I check out these areas in Jan.? I appreciate any help, Thanks, Eddie

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
We like to stay at Rancho BAIGUATE when we go to Jarabacoa. It is nice, the owner speaks very good English and it is very enjoyable.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A very nice hotel and most likely the best in Jarabacoa is The Hotel Gran Jimenoa. It is located right next to a river. If you get rooms 214,215,214,or 315 you will over look the river. They also have the best restaurant in Jarabacoa, a little pricey, but very good for Jarabacoa.

The number is 574-6304.