Andrea in the US

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
Dang I want to see that!! oooh it's actually coming to RI too :) yee hah!

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Heck No!

I am not watching it. I'll just support it from a far.
The girl looks like my cousin....and its just too freaky for words....

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
I'm watching it tomorrow folks!!! I am so excited. It's playing @ Providence place mall for those of you living in RI. Don't be scurred y'all ;)

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
the moment of truth...

:tired: Where shall I begin? I watched the movie tonight and let me tell you all that tonight I felt embarrassed to be Dominican! Not because of the movie but because of the ghettoness that I experienced in that movie theater. I have never been to a theater where all or most of the people were Dominican, so this was a first for me.

Apparently, we (Dominicans) do not know how to whisper, we do not know how to turn off our cell phones, we do not know how to leave our children home when watching a movie @ 9:10pm that will likely scare the pants out of them, and lastly we do not know how to shut the F@#K up!!!

The movie itself was a bit cheesy, but it had potential. If only my fellow compatriots would have let me enjoy the decent parts of the film I wouldn't have felt like I lost 9 bucks tonight.

Don't get me wrong, many of us were trying to enjoy the movie and actually were telling some obnoxious idiots to shut up, so it wasn't everybody who was acting like they never saw a movie before.

Ahh my peeps, all the negative stereotypes about us were sadly perpetuated tonight:ermm: .

Ciao folks, just had to vent a little,
yari.

cabroncito

Oct 20, 2005
Yari said:
and to think that the Dominicans in the theater I went to actually took their kids on purpose!!

:speechles :speechles :speechles

I'm about to be 22 and have trouble watching the trailer... :nervous:

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Yari said:
:tired: Where shall I begin? I watched the movie tonight and let me tell you all that tonight I felt embarrassed to be Dominican! Not because of the movie but because of the ghettoness that I experienced in that movie theater. I have never been to a theater where all or most of the people were Dominican, so this was a first for me.

Apparently, we (Dominicans) do not know how to whisper, we do not know how to turn off our cell phones, we do not know how to leave our children home when watching a movie @ 9:10pm that will likely scare the pants out of them, and lastly we do not know how to shut the F@#K up!!!

The movie itself was a bit cheesy, but it had potential. If only my fellow compatriots would have let me enjoy the decent parts of the film I wouldn't have felt like I lost 9 bucks tonight.

Don't get me wrong, many of us were trying to enjoy the movie and actually were telling some obnoxious idiots to shut up, so it wasn't everybody who was acting like they never saw a movie before.

Ahh my peeps, all the negative stereotypes about us were sadly perpetuated tonight:ermm: .

Ciao folks, just had to vent a little,
yari.

Don't you hate when you go to a grown up party/event and you see kids running and jumping around at 2am.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
paddy said:
the lawyers will be jumping on that one.....
Unlike in the DR where they think nothing of running ultra-violent trailers before movies for toddlers, or showing videos with violence and/or explicit sex scenes on bus journeys. My Iberia flight to Madrid also showed a film which had at least one scene that I'm sure must have shocked the group of nuns on the flight!

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
Stodgord said:
Don't you hate when you go to a grown up party/event and you see kids running and jumping around at 2am.

I know it!! babies sleeping in carriages while mom is dancing pegaito :cross-eye

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Yari

You're experience is exacty the reason why I do not go to the heights.

Is this movie suppose to be a horror movie or comedy... the trailer had me laughing.. the makeup looks fake and plot seems cliche... I especially like when one of the characters says "yo se que tu no cree en esa vaina" it's so Dominican... I wish the guys the best of luck because they accomplish their dream and got into alot of debt doing so.

Peace,
Capo

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
capodominicano said:

Is this movie suppose to be a horror movie or comedy... the trailer had me laughing.. the makeup looks fake and plot seems cliche... I especially like when one of the characters says "yo se que tu no cree en esa vaina" it's so Dominican... I wish the guys the best of luck because they accomplish their dream and got into a lot of debt doing so.

Peace,
Capo

It's supposed to be horror but it is so cheesy, and the quality is so bad that you cant help but laugh at times. there was one character in the movie "el chofer" that was meant to be funny, I hope, because he had everyone laughing (and of course we had some exaggerated laughter)...I knew I was all done with the movie when the main character Andrea's eyes turned red when she was possessed. the special effects were so ridiculous...but hey at least I supported fellow Dominicans so the 9.50 may have gone to a good cause:ermm:

May 31, 2005
capodominicano said:

Is this movie suppose to be a horror movie or comedy... the trailer had me laughing.. the makeup looks fake and plot seems cliche... I especially like when one of the characters says "yo se que tu no cree en esa vaina" it's so Dominican... I wish the guys the best of luck because they accomplish their dream and got into alot of debt doing so.

Peace,
Capo
Of course it's so Dominican. It's a Dominican movie. Hello! :rolleyes:

May 31, 2005
I finally saw it completely last night. What I did not like about the movie is that everyone speaks so proper. They pronounced each and every S. LOL