custom duty TV

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Hi folks, can somebody give me an idea how much customs in SD would charge me for a LCD TV 26" value 890 US$?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Shipped in via FedEx or snuck in a great big suitcase? - the former is likely the official rate the latter how well you can bribe the guy.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
unfortunately i used Business Mail in POP. I never had any bad experience with them BUT this time they tell me that customs wants 40,000 pesos!!!! i could not believe it..... no bribery currently possible in SD... But this amount i way to high!!! i think customs use my TV to watch cartoon while "working" and don't like to give up this habbit ... do you know someone which could help me to get it out for a fair amount of custom duties....

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
They seem to have quite an inflated view of the duty - though the duties are quite high on some items and I bet they add ITBIS as well.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
i am ****ed off because i got the feeling that Business mail does not represent the clients interests ... this TV has been in customs now since 3 weeks and while this time the TV costs new now only 780 US$ in the US ... Which choices do i have? Does somebody have connections in customs in SD? for sure i would pay for the service....