Why a dominican girl would date a foreign man

AYMIDIOSS

Oct 23, 2005
www.ihavenowebpage.com
There are many reasons why a Dominican girl would date a foreign man:
In my case: first of all, they are usually a lot better looking than the average Dominican guy, they can cook, do housework, they don?t talk about marriage or say I love you unless they really mean it, and unlike dominican men, you can find mature eligible bachelors who don?t have children and have never been married.

I have seen so many Warnings on Dominican women on this message boards that they make foreing men sound like white sheep who should beware of the claws of all kinds predators lurking in the Caribbean shadows.

I find it really amusing to hear foreign men complain that they have ended up with some gold digger. If you like bragging and showing off, that?s what you gonna get, no matter what country you?re at.

I have seen horrible looking men hitting on a pretty girl, bragging about their possessions, talking about how much money they have, and then getting upset if they get rejected. Are these guys victims?

If you can?t score in your own country, you are bald, fat, your double chin goes down to the floor, and you go to some poor country and land a beautiful girl, don?t tell me you really believe you got her cause of your charm.. you know what?s going on. Don't play victim. Now, if you are good looking, thats another story, even if you are poor.

I read somewhere around here that a green card would get you laid. I believe that depends on the kind of woman you are seeing. Not all dominican women are looking for a green card or money. Eveyerthing depends on what kind of girl you are seeing.

We're not all the same

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
AYMIDIOSS said:
they can cook, do housework

Hmmmm. One of the qualities you are looking for in a man is that he can cook and do your housework? LOL. Some women are funny. I'll tell you what, find your man who will cook and do your housework and I guarantee you will be bored to tears with him in 6 months.

Larry

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Larry said:
I'll tell you what, find your man who will cook and do your housework and I guarantee you will be bored to tears with him in 6 months.

Larry

I've lasted 5 years, but maybe we lasted because things are never boring with a Dominican man.

To the OP: good, honest post!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AYMIDIOSS said:
I have seen horrible looking men hitting on a pretty girl, bragging about their possessions, talking about how much money they have, and then getting upset if they get rejected. Are these guys victims?

If you can?t score in your own country, you are bald, fat, your double chin goes down to the floor, and you go to some poor country and land a beautiful girl, don?t tell me you really believe you got her cause of your charm.. you know what?s going on. Don't play victim. Now, if you are good looking, thats another story, even if you are poor.

We're not all the same
Not all men are bald fat and horrible. Some are actually interesting and charming. In my case, I have a real dominican girlfriend now who has USA visa and she is a Medical doctor. She is young and educated with a charming personality. she is taking care of me while I am recovering from a surgery. Now tell me, what is it that she possible want from me? She has the money becuase she is from a well-to-do family and has a visa to USA (already has been to plenty of states). So my dear, not all foreign men are here to lay down with a poor ghetto desperate girl. some of us actually have good taste in women.
AZB

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Maybe

Robert said:
Pick me, pick me... I can iron ;)

Robert you wear wash and wear, but you cook english, next,

I can cook, wash, don't Iron, and a multitude of other talents. ME ME:lick:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
bienamor said:
Robert you wear wash and wear, but you cook english, next,

I can cook, wash, don't Iron, and a multitude of other talents. ME ME:lick:
I dont do much around the house but will take you out to dinner a couple times per week (as long as restaurant is not too expensive). Also, I will let you go out with your friends whenever you want, I dont care. Hows that sound?

Larry ( pick me)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Why, you asked?

AYMIDIOSS said:
In my opinion (AS IN MINE):1- $$. 2- Opportunities. 3- $$. 4- A way out. 5- $$. 6- Better themselves. 7- $$. 8- Better their families. 9- $$. 10- Did I mentioned $$?.

Ps: don't forget that MANY Dominicans think that a foreigner, any foreigner, has money even if the foreigner, in his country, is a poor "frog".

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
miguel said:
In my opinion (AS IN MINE):1- $$. 2- Opportunities. 3- $$. 4- A way out. 5- $$. 6- Better themselves. 7- $$. 8- Better their families. 9- $$. 10- Did I mentioned $$?.

Ps: don't forget that MANY Dominicans think that a foreigner, any foreigner, has money even if the foreigner, in his country, is a poor "frog".

Exactly what i just posted in the sankie thread. If you can go on vacation which runs between 1000 and 2500 CDN per week, your have (or appear to have) more money then the avearge person there. And you definitely have more money then the resorts workers.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
AZB said:
some of us actually have good taste in women.
AZB

And obviously, some of the classier ones have good taste in men, too. Good for you, AZB...Now, when's the wedding?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
AZB said:
Not all men are bald fat and horrible. Some are actually interesting and charming. In my case, I have a real dominican girlfriend now who has USA visa and she is a Medical doctor. She is young and educated with a charming personality. she is taking care of me while I am recovering from a surgery. Now tell me, what is it that she possible want from me? She has the money becuase she is from a well-to-do family and has a visa to USA (already has been to plenty of states). So my dear, not all foreign men are here to lay down with a poor ghetto desperate girl. some of us actually have good taste in women.
AZB

You can have good taste in women-but does your girlfriend have good taste in men?

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
That's me

AZB said:
Not all men are bald fat and horrible. Some are actually interesting and charming. AZB

Yeah! Charming, that is what I am. But I guess I qualify as fat.

Pick me

Charlie

TorreCellini

Oct 17, 2005
I think any third world country you go to, you will find these same similarities with women or men dating foreigners.:classic:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
trina said:
And obviously, some of the classier ones have good taste in men, too. Good for you, AZB...Now, when's the wedding?
My my,

AZB is describing his girlfriend and some people are already jumping into wedding bells!!

My my my.... ;)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
AYMIDIOSS said:
In my case: first of all, they are usually a lot better looking than the average Dominican guy, they can cook, do housework, they don’t talk about marriage or say I love you unless they really mean it, and unlike dominican men, you can find mature eligible bachelors who don’t have children and have never been married.

I have seen so many Warnings on Dominican women on this message boards that they make foreing men sound like white sheep who should beware of the claws of all kinds predators lurking in the Caribbean shadows.

I find it really amusing to hear foreign men complain that they have ended up with some gold digger. If you like bragging and showing off, that’s what you gonna get, no matter what country you’re at.

If you can’t score in your own country, you are bald, fat, your double chin goes down to the floor, and you go to some poor country and land a beautiful girl, don’t tell me you really believe you got her cause of your charm.. you know what’s going on. Don't play victim. Now, if you are good looking, thats another story, even if you are poor.

I read somewhere around here that a green card would get you laid. I believe that depends on the kind of woman you are seeing. Not all dominican women are looking for a green card or money. Eveyerthing depends on what kind of girl you are seeing.

We're not all the same
Correct me if I am wrong, but when was the last time that "looks" became a reason for break up?

Everytime I hear of a couple that parted their ways the reasons are:

-Misunderstanding in values
-inconsistency in personality
-inability to communicate
-inability to cope with marital/dating problems
-cheating
and a host of other things.

Never have I heard of couples parting ways due to looks.

I have heard of acquaitances and family members commenting on the look of a particular boyfriend or girlfriend of so and so, but never have looks been a reason to part ways.

This leads to my point:

If looks seem to not be the issue behind a couple making it or not, why should looks take frontal position when deciding if a couple is legitimate or just a game?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a decent looking guy, in fact many people complement me on my "looks", though I don't think much of it aside from wearing neat and nice clothes, some cologne, and being well groomed.

I used to wonder how did certain guys got spetacular looking women on their sides, relationships that are still going on to this day and then it hit me, looks have not much to do with whether a couple lives through or dissipates.

The only times looks becomes important, if not the most important is when you want to be next to someone you can show off and treat like a trophy to be won. But then, one of the two will be hurt emotionally and bam, they break up because of incompatibility of personalities towards each other.

This leads to my question: You mentioned the following...

"If you can’t score in your own country, you are bald, fat, your double chin goes down to the floor, and you go to some poor country and land a beautiful girl, don’t tell me you really believe you got her cause of your charm.. you know what’s going on. Don't play victim. Now, if you are good looking, thats another story, even if you are poor."

Why is it another story if the guy is good looking given that looks only affect the initial stages of a relationship and for those looking for the real deal, looks take a second place in priorities?

-NAL

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
trina said:
There isn't going to be a wedding. He will have a new greater model next week. That is the amazing piece of this to me, he isn't looking to settle down and it doesn't matter if they are beautiful, rich, professional or any other attribute. It just doesn't matter.

Escott

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Why is it another story if the guy is good looking given that looks only affect the initial stages of a relationship and for those looking for the real deal, looks take a second place in priorities?

-NAL[/QUOTE]

Men don't need to be good-looking...they just need to be paid. unless you live in the DR where apparently anyone can get some action.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AYMIDIOSS said:
In my case: first of all, they are usually a lot better looking than the average Dominican guy, they can cook, do housework, they don?t talk about marriage or say I love you unless they really mean it, and unlike dominican men, you can find mature eligible bachelors who don?t have children and have never been married.

I find it really amusing to hear foreign men complain that they have ended up with some gold digger. If you like bragging and showing off, that?s what you gonna get, no matter what country you?re at.

We're not all the same
Since I have never complained about a relationship with a Dominican Woman you evidently are not referring to me or about me but I do have a question for you. I am also not a victim nor have I ever been one nor do I plan on in the future.

Other than having a boyfriend who can do what a 4000 peso a month servant can do such as cook and clean what else do you look for in a man?

Personally I never had a passing thought about a green card because I love living in the Dominican Republic and wouldnt consider taking a woman out of there for any reason hence the green card issue is out of the question.

So my question is "What kind of woman are YOU". Why would I seek you out? What qualities do you have that I would find desirable?

What is the point in your post other than to state your opinion in general?

Escott

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
K.i.s.s.

It would seem that very few men understand women, even less Dominican women.
Dominican women love, and I mean, LOVE, men who treat them well and are able to cater to their needs.
While men are more concerned with big bazookas and cute faces, the Dominican women have different agendas.
Of course there are all types with different ideas of an ideal relationship, as is true anyhwere in the world, but there is no doubt that Dominican women can be a lot happier with a mature man who treats her well, than with a muscle bound dummy who mistreats her.
It's really as simple as that.