How Much To Fix Roof?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
SOME Dominican "experts" just can not seem to do anything right!!!!!.

What in hell am I talking about, you ask?. Well, let me explain:

Just about 2 years ago, I had my home in Charles De Gaulle re-doned from "head to toe". New roof on the whole house(it leaked), new windows, new doors, new electrical wires, new cabinets, new bathrooms, new EVERYTHING, the works.

In true Dominican manner, the fricking roof is LEAKING AGAIN!!.

The "expert" who did the job did an ok job (I thought)and I was lucky to get a guarantee from him but it has expired. Since, after the completion of the job I even had to resort to getting some "muscles" in order to deal with him since he wanted more money, I would NOT use the moron even for free. And, btw, my arguments with him was AFTER he completed the job and I had people watching over him when he was doing the job, so there's no way that he did a lousy job on purpose. He did a lousy job because him and his staff are lousy workers that do not know what in hell they were doing.

My question is the following:

Does ANY member knows of a reliable roof fixer?. The "expert" who did my aunt's roof 5 years ago ((still fine, I may add) is telling me that he would fix it, with a 5 years guarantee for $30,000 pesos. Not bad since he has to take the old down and put a complete new one. But I just don't know the guy at all.

It's not a big house. It has 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, kitchen, big living room and a car garage.

If you know of anyone, pls, send me a PM with the person's phone number and I will call him.

Gracias.

Last edited:

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
miguel said:
The "expert" who did my aunt's roof 5 years ago ((still fine, I may add) is telling me that he would fix it, with a 5 years guarantee for $30,000 pesos.

Gracias.

Is this all included or only labour?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Is the roof flat or angled?

You might get by with an application of what is called "fino" and then apply roof sealer. This, depending on what kind of roof, how big the leaking area is and if it is angled or not could well cost about RD$30,000....including labor.

"fino" includes lots of cement mixed with just a very little sand in a slurry mix.

The Sealer is usually a polymer based, maybe urethane, very heavy, sort of paint that can be used with a big brush or roller. They come in 5 gallon buckets. About RD#000-RD$5000 each....I haven't bought one in a long time. Tropical makes it in several applications.

HB :D:D

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Gracias!

Hillbilly said:
Is the roof flat or angled?

You might get by with an application of what is called "fino" and then apply roof sealer. This, depending on what kind of roof, how big the leaking area is and if it is angled or not could well cost about RD$30,000....including labor.

"fino" includes lots of cement mixed with just a very little sand in a slurry mix.

The Sealer is usually a polymer based, maybe urethane, very heavy, sort of paint that can be used with a big brush or roller. They come in 5 gallon buckets. About RD#000-RD$5000 each....I haven't bought one in a long time. Tropical makes it in several applications.

HB :D:D
The roof is flat.

The "fino" was the one that the first "expert" did. I guess not!.

The new "expert" tells me that NO "fino" was ever done.

I will cost my loses and I will go ahead and pay the 30,000 pesos. At least this one if giving me a whole bunch of years in guarantees. I will have my lawyer do all that is needed to be done regarding a contract with this new "expert".

Thanks guys!.