Sabana Del Puerto

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
On the map it is located on a lake between Banao and LeVega. I would like to go their next month. If you have info on the little town that would help. Hotels, camp sites, fishing, night life, gasoline station, stores and and anything to do with hanging out for 2 days.:rambo:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Luperonsailor said:
On the map it is located on a lake between Banao and LeVega. I would like to go their next month. If you have info on the little town that would help. Hotels, camp sites, fishing, night life, gasoline station, stores and and anything to do with hanging out for 2 days.:rambo:

Luperonsailor, Sabana del Puerto is a sleepy agricultural campesino village. There's nothing there that caters to tourism. No hotels, no campsites, no night life, not even a gas station. If you want to check it out anyway, I suggest you haggle the price of a fare from a not-too-busy taxi in Jarabacoa. It's not more than a two hours drive, four round trip... If you decide to go, ask in Sabana del Puerto for the home of my friend Mayobanex Vargas, a national hero, who fought next to Commander Manolo Taverez Justo, in Las Manaclas.

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
thank you...I am going to visit the little town in lateNovember and I will lok up your friend..............thanks again

mabi78

Nov 23, 2005
Luperonsailor said:

I agree with your respondent about Sabana del Puerto being, not a town, it's more like a agricultural village with beautiful rivers at the base of the mountain range. However, I disagree about where to stay...Jarabacoa is way up in the Mountains, and Bonao is only 15 minutes away and it has hotels, and night life galore. Jarabacoa is more beautiful, and climate-wise, a lot more pleasant since it's way up in the mountains, but that's why it's a bit out of the way if you wanted to experience Sabana del Puerto.
Enjoy!!