Celebrating the Mirabal Sisters this November 25th

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
With respect

palmiche said:
Good post!
Knowledge brings respect!

With the knowledge that there are still "loyalists" to the chivo's regime I post this with respect to these three heroines. Everyone has their own reasons to believe what they want to believe. Mine lay in graves. I travel to the place on the cumbre near Santiago where they were murdered every November 25th to pause for a moment or two.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Thanks DominicanScotty.
For people here on the NorthCoast we can add that there is a memorial spot for the sisters here too, where they were "killed" in an "arranged car accident".
Leaving Puerto Plata towards Playa Dorada/Sosua you will see a little paradise spot, with alots of butterflies, on your right hand.
That is the place.

Last edited:

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think of these sisters often as the street that I live on in Puerto Plata is called "HERMANIS MIRABAL" ...........R.I.P.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Dede

FireGuy said:
Also just in case anyone needs reminding that there were four sisters and that one survives today (AFAIK); the following link is provided as a site of interest.

www.learntoquestion.com/seevak/groups/2000/sites/mirabal/English/index.html

Gregg

She still lives in Salcedo and runs the museum there in memory of her sisters. Also, for those that do not know. Her son was also vice president of the Dominican Republic with Leonnel.