Carnival

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
I know it's a bit early, but I read an article in my newpasper about the Carnival in the DR, in Feb. I will be in POP Feb 11 to the 25th. Is there anything going on during that time for the Carnival?

It mentioned that it happens every weekend, but the big Carnival takes place Feb 27th, in I think, La Vega? Sorry about spelling?

But was just wondering if it is just a one day thing, or do they celebrate all month long? And does each city do their own thing?
Thanks for your help.
Lisa

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
In Puerto Plata it is various performances in Parque Central, as well as dancing in the streets in costumes..usually around Parque Liberdad ( just beside Supermercado Tropical )..
It is not like the whole city is a huge carneval though, you have to go to specific areas to even notice it..

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hi! On February 27th, the carnival in Puerto Plata is big! The parades of masked and costumed revellers roam up & down the Malecon. It is pretty wild & very photogenic. The costumes in La Vegas are more intricate and colourful. Canadian Bob.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Agree canadian bob..It´s quite cool!
I was more specifying what the op could expect the dates mentioned.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Thank very much. A little bummed I won't be there for the 27th. I'll see what things I can find to do to celebrate. Thanks again!
Lisa