Looking for Dominican men in Montreal area

K

Katia Pietrunti

Are there any single Dominican men in the Montreal area ? If so, please let me know of a few.

Thanks.

T

Tania

The only place that I can think of where you might meet some is at the "Casa Nacho" discotheque( on Jean Talon street). Apparently the owner of this place is Dominican, and I did meet a few when I went. You can e-mail me if you want to know more about this place. Bye!

M

Milli

Sorry to break your heart....but any dominican male that would be in Canada is most likely been married into our country. Most of the men cant afford to leave their island nor do they want to unless a Canadian girl is willing to support them.

G

gio

I agree with you--Same thing in the USA--That's what happened to me--

N

Natasha

Think before you post

"same thing in the USA"??? Do you know how many Dominicans are in the US? A LOT! It is estimated to be way more than 600,000. If, let's suppose, half are males, then 300,000 of them "marry into this country" right? That's a lot men marrying into this country don't you think? Please THINK before you post gross generalizations like that.

Regards,

Natasha

K

Katia

I think I wasn't clear enough in my message.

I would like to know where Dominican men hang out in Montreal. What clubs, etc. I don't want to neccesarily meet a Dominican man who actually lives in DR right now. That would be impossible.

I don't think that all Dominican men who live in Montreal are married. These married men do have children. I'm not 45, I'm 24 years old !

Katia

M

Mike

My Dominican friend in Montreal took me to a nice disco/club im Montreal called Notches Magica nice crowd but that was a few years ago but I think it is still open

K

Katia

Thanks for the info. Although I have lived all my life in Montreal, I've never heard of that club. I'll check it out. Does your Dominican friend in Montreal have an email ? If so, you can give him mine.

Thanks a lot.

G

gio

Re: Think before you post

I did think before I posted. I personally lived it and saw it in a huge percentage of my husband's family and friends. There were alot of arranged marriages with Puerto Rican girls and other types of Spanish girls who had American residency "just for the papers" and one of his relatives married his wife's cousin with his wife's consent so he could live here and eventually bring her over here. With his wife's consent, he divorced her in the DR and paid her cousin to marry him here. When I filed my complaint at Immigration after I realized that I had been used for that purpose I was told that the statistics on all foreigners, not just Dominicans, marrying Americans and coming into the US are not good. She told me that approximately 80% of the foreigners who marry Americans are not sincere. However; some of them realize what they have here economically and have kids here and make the marriage work. She said that about 60% or more Americans file complaints or end up divorced. Some are sincere but the statistics are not good. You have no idea as to the magnitude of what was done to me by someone that I loved and trusted so he could get residence in the US. When I put him out, within the next month at least ten of his crappy friends, both married and single, came to my house and either tried to bother me or get me to marry them or one of their friends or relatives for money to get them residency in the US. I'm not saying that all Dominican men are no good. Two of my brothers-in-law are serious good family men. I am saying that people need to seriously be aware.

N

Natasha

So what? No disrespect but no, you did not think before you posted Gio. You agreed with the previous post (can't recall who was the poster) that said that ANY Dominican man married to a foreigner was after the papers. That is fine, but I just pointed out a huge generalization that you and others made.

Regards,

Natasha

R

rick stone

gio, most American marriages don't work for the same reasons. Many people only care about the "paper". I will bet that if you spent 3 months in the DR you could find a good husband. Good luck.

A

arcoiris

Re: Think

I agree with Natasha about generalizing. I know of many mixed marriages within the US and international. People all have criteria for the partner they are looking for, and if one of the criteria is that the partner be American, that does not mean they don't want to seriously try to make a real marriage work. The divorce rate in the US for all marriages is about 50%. It is more difficult to make an interfaith or intercultural marriage work than one where the couple has very similar practices and beliefs, but it can be done. As in any marriage the key is to respect the partner for who s/he is, and have good, constructive problem solving skills. My own parents were very different and we constantly had to work out how to resolve those differences to work together in daily life. It is very counterproductive to compare styles, foods, accents in a way that puts one down, and very destructive to get into power struggles. Every couple finds the day when "the honeymoon is over", and it is then that they have to redefine love as a commitment to work towards the well being of the beloved through thick and thin.