Emilio Bereilh

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
We just found out that a friend,Emilio Bereilh, was murdered in Santo Domingo on June 1,2005. He was from Argentina and was an engineer at Haina in POP. He transfered to Santo Domingo and was ambushed and murdered. Does anyone have any info on why he was murdered?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
BostonMary said:
We just found out that a friend,Emilio Bereilh, was murdered in Santo Domingo on June 1,2005. He was from Argentina and was an engineer at Haina in POP. He transfered to Santo Domingo and was ambushed and murdered. Does anyone have any info on why he was murdered?

According to witnesses, Mr Bereilh was killed by a single bullet to the head, shot by a lone assasin on a mountain bike, when he stopped at the red light in front of the Texaco gas station by Diamond Mall (Ave. de los Pr?ceres). it was a professional job, and the police has nothing on it...

JHT

Mar 30, 2004
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Boston Mary. Although I do not know him I do know the Policia Nacional and I fear that nothing will ever be done in Santo Domingo to get justice for your friend.

The Policia Nacional are the most corrupt Police Department I have ever encountered in the world and I have been to 96 countries as my job requires monthly travel 7-10 days a month. I have been stopped and forced to pay the police in Santo Domingo 4 times so I would not go to jail. I broke no laws, did nothing wrong and was only on my way to dinner with a friend when I was stopped outside the door of a nice restaurant in Santo Domingo and forced to give the Police in Santo Domingo 500 pesos so they could eat dinner.

I have also been stopped in a rental car at a road block in Santo Domingo and forced at gunpoint by a police lieutenant to give him 2000 pesos for him and his officers to eat that evening.

With all the stories I have heard about the corruption in Santo Domingo I can tell you that they do not want to work but just act as criminals with a badge.
I have heard of three murders in Santo Domingo since June and none of them have yet to be resolved or seem to be moving anywhere at all.

My recommendation is that this person's family call the US Embassador and get him to get involved with the case and force the Juctice System to investigate and solve this crime. I would make mention to the Embassy that if they do not hear something they will call the New York Times and get them to investigate and report back via the newspaper.

Good Luck BostonMary...I hope they find the SOB that did this.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Why would the US ambassador get involved in a case involving an Argentinian?