TeleVimenca (western Union)

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Good day,

I hear that the best place to change dollars to pesos is in TeleVimenca. Is this true?

Also, does anybody know where I can find a TeleVimenca in Santiago or Monte Cristi or somewhere in the NorthWest Coast so I can change my dollars to pesos?

Thanks

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's just one option. The country has hundreds of Vimenca's.
You also have banks and exchange houses all over the country.

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Good day,

I was told that Vimenca changes at a higher rate then the bank due to their competition with the bank.

When I was in the Republic during July, I was changing my dollars in a pharmacy. I didn't know then, but I know now, that I wasn't getting my dollar's worth. I was getting 28 pesos a dollar when the exchange rate was changing between 30 and 31.

I know it doesn't seem much, but when you change hundreds of dollars, the difference matters.

Does anybody have any experience in changing dollars to pesos in the NorthWest Coast and getting their dollar's worth?

Can somebody give me an exact location of a Vimenca in Santiago or Monte Cristi? During my stay in July I never saw one and i'm not experienced in getting around, this is why I need an exact location.

Thanks

L

LarrySpencer

drvisitor said:
Good day,
When I was in the Republic during July, I was changing my dollars in a pharmacy. I didn't know then, but I know now, that I wasn't getting my dollar's worth. I was getting 28 pesos a dollar when the exchange rate was changing between 30 and 31.
Thanks

Get with the locals who have relatives in the US. They are no doubtedly receiving money from there family in US dollars and are exchanging them somewhere.

Often there will be a "Man on the street" who will give you an enen better rate than any of the banks. For instance, here in Dajabon, there is a man who literally sits on a street corner....with several very large men sitting around him...and his rates are dead on with asking prices, which the bank will very seldom use. For instance, right at this minute, the last trade price is 33.3....most banks would use this and remore their cut from it. He is paying 33.8, the asking price.

Good luck finding your guy.