nice and inexpensive hotel on samana peninsula

dan333

Oct 25, 2005
now me and my friend, 18 y/o students, im fluent, are traveling to the d.r. in january, we'll be going to samana peninsula, from jarabacoa around the 8th or so. We have not yet planned where ecactly we'll stay, neither town nor hotel. I'm partial to las galeras but it wouldn't provide us with much of a night life. any suggestions for a nice place on the samana peninsula that would have a nice night life, a few choices of inexpensive but nice hotels, and relatively easy to travel to using buses and guaguas. or another beach area in the d.r. if far nicer and easier to travel to than the samana peninsula. i greatly appreciate any help. thanks a lot.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depends on just where "Night Life" is on your list of priorities..

Otherwise you had best head for Cabarete or Sosúa...

Or Santo Domingo if you want night life.

HB :D:D

Sep 19, 2005
thats one thing that almays gets me, if you look at the maps there are beaches practically around the whole island....and some of the pictures of the beaches in and near the capitol look just fine. So why is it that so many other places get 95% of the highlights. I have been to Sosua many times and its a nice beach for about half or a little more than half of its length, then there are rock formations in the sand. It wasnt near as nice as the beach in the island off of Samana thats popular... then I stopped at a beach on the north side of the samana penninsula where the main road came very close right along the shore.. and the beach was really wide dep and nice...but no one used it at all....thus there was debris on the tide lines......it would seem that any good beach near the capitol would be ideal...but I never hear of any of those beaches being talked about much.......bob

dan333

Oct 25, 2005
So...is there a consensus?

what do you guys think then? I care more about price than night life but dont want a place with no nightlife either.