pelo wars

concon_quemao

Oct 28, 2005
lostinthemetro.blogspot.com
recently cut all of my hair off, really short so i could grow my hair out naturally, no derizado. it was personal decision, no political or racial undertones associated with the decision.) when i announced plans to do this, many dominicans i know said, "dont cut your hair like a morena." but chemically damaging your hair and having it bone straight is dominican(btw, yaj, your hair always looks fabulous this way?) we are a people of african and european blood, so what are we supposed to look like? and .. why is it so bad to look like a "morena?" this is a very loaded discussion topic.. I know. but it will be interesting to read the responses! holla!

fidelita

Nov 1, 2005
i remember a long time ago i hated myself because i had crazy, frizzy and sometimes nappy hair. my own family would make fun of me and say i had bad hair (thanks to my beautiful father) because the rest of them have softer hair. i wanted to get my hair relaxed so bad and i finally did in 6th grade. it was cool at first but it was so much work and expensive to keep up. and it looked gross when it would grow back...you know, the roots. i went to dominican republic in 2001 for my sweet 15 and that was the last time i relaxed my hair. i missed my big hair, my curls....so i grew it back. it was ugly but i did it. i didn't want to cut it off though. to this day people still want me to relax it but i'm like hell no. plus when i blowdry it it looks as if it's relaxed anyway....but i love my hair. big and frizzy. i hate the fact that having straight hair is so important. pelo bueno. eww. that ****es me off so much.

concon_quemao

Oct 28, 2005
lostinthemetro.blogspot.com
hooray for fidelita.. :classic: mine is so short but groing now, and it feels alot softer and less frizzy since i had a relaxer

fidelita said:
i remember a long time ago i hated myself because i had crazy, frizzy and sometimes nappy hair. my own family would make fun of me and say i had bad hair (thanks to my beautiful father) because the rest of them have softer hair. i wanted to get my hair relaxed so bad and i finally did in 6th grade. it was cool at first but it was so much work and expensive to keep up. and it looked gross when it would grow back...you know, the roots. i went to dominican republic in 2001 for my sweet 15 and that was the last time i relaxed my hair. i missed my big hair, my curls....so i grew it back. it was ugly but i did it. i didn't want to cut it off though. to this day people still want me to relax it but i'm like hell no. plus when i blowdry it it looks as if it's relaxed anyway....but i love my hair. big and frizzy. i hate the fact that having straight hair is so important. pelo bueno. eww. that ****es me off so much.

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
Good for you fidelita!! As for me, I'll keep my fake a$$ china hair for I am afraid of whats under there:nervous: ...

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Good for you guys!
It's refreshing to see independent woman take a stand and make a decision that concerns them alone and not society wants, Bravo