greetings from Washington, DC

concon_quemao

Oct 28, 2005
lostinthemetro.blogspot.com
hola mi gente.... how rude of me not to introduce myself yesterday. yo soy concon-quemao aka k-boogie aka the chopo slayer. i just learned what a chopo was yesterday while reading some threads, so i saw it fit to use it. i live in DC but am originally from providence RI. i like discussion and reading other people's views. if some of my threads are too unPC and inappropriate please hit up Yari ;) , she told me to do it! ... oh yeah i am glad to be part of a board full of "my people," a good place to smile at our commonalities and learn from our differences.. that said... PLAY BALL!

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Yeah, I love Providence folks. They are so tight on their back stroke.
Welcome. FYI: Not everyone here can classify as your "people" but many. Some are just folks who are curious and appreciate island life, and in particular DR, from a distance.

PM me so we can have coffee or something when I get back into town...
Ciao
D

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
deelt said:
Yeah, I love Providence folks. They are so tight on their back stroke.

D

lol...too funny.

And no folks, do not hit me up with complaints about concon's unPCness!! Those can go straight to her. & yes, welcome amiga del alma :).

Yari

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
Welcome concon_quemao! Keep it real, unPC or not. Like in any community, the others will let you know when/if you cross the line.

- Tordok
:classic:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Welcome, concon. I may not qualify as "your people" -- not by birth, anyway --- but I'm not quite one of Deni's "curious...from afar" types either. I may live in the DC area instead of SD these days, but my heart has been firmly tied to the DR for nearly 20 yrs... I look forward to meeting you and Yari, whether at the DC area get-together (if we can get it organized!) or otherwise (I'm always up for coffee or a beer, feel free to PM or email me).

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Concon-quemao, you've got class & are real funny. Would love to meet you some day!

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
Welcome

I echo Keith and Deelts sentiments. Can I substitute tea for coffee??;)

concon_quemao

Oct 28, 2005
lostinthemetro.blogspot.com
tea is good.. im on an ice tea kick.. i have never heard of anyone going into a chinese carry out and asking for a "mix" until i got here.. Howard China (or what we lovingly refer to as Ho-china [ho-cheena] on Georgia Ave has the best "mix." i know its so grimy in there but hey, its good man! but ised green tead at teaism is good too!

ALB3 said:
I echo Keith and Deelts sentiments. Can I substitute tea for coffee??;)