Bribing Verizon techs?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Does anybody here have any contacts or friends that are techs for Verizon DSL?
In the DR the modem is also a router. I was never able to get the password to the router when I lived there, but I didn't try hard.

Basically I want to be able to do port forwarding on a verizon DSL modem. Opening up a port to do streaming video. If I can get the password, I may be able to do some rermote "webcasts" etc. I can already set up webcams pretty easily but wanted to try some decent streaming.

Heck if I can get the admin login info, and make it to Sosua for the thanksgiving party, we may be able to stream the party for all those that couldn't make it!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I don't live in SDQ anymore. I am trying to work out doing webcasts remotely. Lets say I am at a bar on the beach and the management is cool with it, I can FWD a port on their router and stream from their bar. Or I can stream the big thanksgiving party if it was cool with Eddy and we could get into his router!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sounds like a neat idea to watch live streaming video.

Why would anybody let you into their network? It seems like a breach of security.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
rafael said:
I don't live in SDQ anymore. I am trying to work out doing webcasts remotely. Lets say I am at a bar on the beach and the management is cool with it, I can FWD a port on their router and stream from their bar. Or I can stream the big thanksgiving party if it was cool with Eddy and we could get into his router!
VERY COOL with me.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Eddy said:
VERY COOL with me.

I am working on it. It may be cool to allow people not present to see some of the party etc. I can do webcams no problem but am shooting for a bit better video quality. I am waiting on some stuff to be done on the server side. I will be doing tests this week and will just need to eb able to open a port on your router and we should be good to go!

That and book my flight to head down there!

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
You can also reset the password using the management cables which are included with the dsl router.

I have a config file for a Cisco 67x dsl router if you need it:rambo: and setting up a speedstream is even easier.

What are you planning to use for streaming? .wmv via media player?? You can also try using winamp?s streaming server/plug-in which runs fine on low bandwidth connections

mvisnja69

Oct 22, 2004
username: admin
Password: 1234

Will work on prestige dsl modems/routers what Verizon deliver widely.
Verizon techs usualy don't change default password. Check out what brand of router you have on the place and use Google to find out default password.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Thanks for the help! I guess I will have to have a few beers at Eddys before thanksgiving to check out the modem etc. . . . .he he he eh. . .twist my arm.

I would do WME and have the server pull from the publishing point. Just working out how I can set up the server remotely and maybe do a test on bandwith settings. I know I can't use my normal profile as the verizon DSL UL speeds are not all that great.

It should be a neat test. I also set up my laptop with some webcam software so now any time I am in a wifi zone I can set up a "mobile webcam". If I go to Playa vista in boca chica, for instance I will set up the webcam and make all you people jealous!