need serious help

nerey

Nov 2, 2005
Hello everyone! Don't even know where to start....well I am currently thinking of moving to DR. My boyfriend and I are in the process of getting him his visa so he can come here to live in the U.S. but I just want to keep my options open in case he cannot come and live here. I have been thinking constantly about this and it only worries me because I have 2 kids and I don't think it is the best decision to make for them especially for a guy. I myself am dominican(well I was born here in the u.s.) and speak spanish and everything and have been down there more than 6 times and I love it, the people are so friendly and I feel right at home! My kids have never been down there though and don't know if I can make enough money down there to support my kids, even though here I am struggling and living off of 200$ week, so in a way I just want to get away from everything and have a fresh new start. If I do decide to move it's going to be to Santiago, just need some information about how going about renting an apartment and finding a job and things like that, oh yeah and maybe a psychiatrist because I must be crazy!!!

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
people go to USA cause here can't find decent jobs, unless you don't plan to start a business (if you have $$$) , you will get $200 month if you are lucky.

it seems you know nothing about the situation here: low wages and extremely high prices, probably things cost more than in usa, not only speaking about electricity or telephopne or electronics, but even food.

If you speak spanish just come here and tell any dominican about your plan, all will say you the same: "tu estas loca!" :)