Best City to Visit in DR?????

classic

Nov 2, 2005
I am a 28 year-old American black male and will be traveling alone to DR from November 20th to November 30th.

What is the best city to visit???

My main priority is to have fun so nightlife, lots of fun young people, beautiful women, beach, things to do are very important.

Basically just recommend a city in which someone of my age would have a good time.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Compared to the States and especially if you haven't traveled much outside the US, Dominican cities may be a little surprising to you, as they reflect a very European layout Eg: people live IN the city or "downtown". Santo Domingo IS a big city, as a matter of fact it is the biggest in "el Caribe" and it offers most of what one would expect of a real city, the nightlife too.
Then there is Santiago which I tend to call "the other" city. It's a typical Latin American city, smaller and less international. The resto of places you'd find on the map are "towns".
However, there's night life all over the island even at daytime, but especially the real Dominican nightlife does not necesairily call for big city infrastructure... it happens every where any anytime... at a gas station, a the corner convenience store, car wash, at beach walk (malecon... every town on the coast has a "malecon"), or in a neighborhood street for what ever reason unbeknowst to most of the attendance, but it is not at all comparable to the nightlife you may be used to "back home" and some, like me, think that's just fine.
On a more humorous note (so, please don't take offence), try to stay away from the sun, girls could take you for a "haitiano" and you might find it difficult to score ;)

Have fun, keep your testosterone and adrenaline at reasonable levels and stay out of trouble. ... J-D.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
The above post talks about Santo Domingo and Santiago, both don't have a beach as you requested. I would recommend Sosua on the North Coast. 10 minutes from Puerto Plata Airport. Great beach and active nightlife. Not overrun with tourists this time of year. Many places to stay ranging from economy to luxury. Avoid the All Inclusive resorts to keep your options open. A good source of information about Sosua is Rocky who posts here often. PM him if you have any questions. Ask Rocky about Jim, an American black male soldier who just had the vacation of a lifetime in Sosua. And don't worry about your testosterone and adrenalin levels, the higher the better.

Last edited:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
If you can speak spanish, then you can party well in the Capital or Santiago and meet new people. Don't worry about being mistaken for a Haitian, they can tell the difference the minute you open your mouth and then they will take you as a rich american. You'll get plenty of play from the majority of Dominican females over there, dress clean and show class.

If you don't speak spanish, well hang out in Sosua like Howmar said, and bring a lot of condoms, hahaha

classic

Nov 2, 2005
HOWMAR said:
The above post talks about Santo Domingo and Santiago, both don't have a beach as you requested. I would recommend Sosua on the North Coast. 10 minutes from Puerto Plata Airport. Great beach and active nightlife. Not overrun with tourists this time of year. Many places to stay ranging from economy to luxury. Avoid the All Inclusive resorts to keep your options open. A good source of information about Sosua is Rocky who posts here often. PM him if you have any questions. Ask Rocky about Jim, an American black male soldier who just had the vacation of a lifetime in Sosua. And don't worry about your testosterone and adrenalin levels, the higher the better.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like Sosua might be the nest place.

Please tell me more about (1) hotels/apartments in Sosua - I'll only be using the hotel to "sleep" so it doesn't need to be the best hotel, and (2) about what exactly Jim did to have fun in Sosua because I'd like to have as much fun as he did.

Thanks!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
classic said:
Thanks for the info. Sounds like Sosua might be the nest place.

Please tell me more about (1) hotels/apartments in Sosua - I'll only be using the hotel to "sleep" so it doesn't need to be the best hotel, and (2) about what exactly Jim did to have fun in Sosua because I'd like to have as much fun as he did.

Thanks!
To start I would check out:
http://www.rockysbar.com/

Talk to Marco, the owner of Rocky's. He is the contact person in Sosua. He offers some very inexpensive rooms for $18 per night. They are not fancy, but clean and well located. If you want a hotel, ask Marco for recommendations. He won't lead you wrong. If you decide to come to Sosua, join us for our weekly poker game.