Fine Dining in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I will be staying in Sosua the first week in December. Can anyone recommend a restaurant, hopefully with a nice view, which serves very good food? My thoughts are to hire a driver for 4 hours. Drive into the mountains, dine, and return to Sosua. I am basically looking for a place that is less than an hour drive from Sosua.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is a restaurant in the mountains that has a great view and good food. Somebody else should be able to give you the details, but it seems to meet your requirements. You leave Sosua in the Cabarete direction and continue until you get to the road that goes to Moca. Take that road until you come to the restaurant. It is about at the top of the mountain and has a tremendous view. If you go at night in December, take something to put on because you will likely be cold.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
La Cumbre is the site of this French restaurant on top of the mountain. They serve fabulous, gigantic crepes. Extremely delicious and the view is amazing. Get there before dark - you will see what I mean when the sun goes down.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Charlielyn said:
La Cumbre is the site of this French restaurant on top of the mountain. They serve fabulous, gigantic crepes. Extremely delicious and the view is amazing. Get there before dark - you will see what I mean when the sun goes down.

That's the one. Thanks for adding the details, Charlielyn. There are other restaurants within an hour of Sosua with good views, but La Cumbre is special.

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Waterfront

No one has mention it yet, but the Waterfront restaurant in Sosua is very good for a fine dinner. I really enjoyed the beautiful sunset and my surf n' turf. The service was excellent. They have a website if you want to take a look:

http://www.hotelwaterfrontdr.com/eng/restaurant.html

GordonS

Nov 6, 2005
Excellent Restaurant - La Puntilla de Piergiorgi

In February 2005, we visited the La Puntilla de Piergiorgi. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The restaurant was reminicent of a Greek restaurant perched on a cliff over the turquoise Caribbean with a brilliant blue sky. The food was excellent and well presented with a fine wine list and discrete attentive waiters (they didn't pester you every 2 minutes asking how everything was!). The ambience was delightful and the layout of the dining areas well thought out with multilevel areas so you didn't have to look at a sea of other diners. I will post a link with some of the photos from the restaurant which is part of a hotel in Sosua.
album

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Gordon
Welcome to DR1. If you need any help getting around this site let me know.

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Well if you like fine dining, Sosua is not really the place. You better try out MIRO in Cabarete, who is the only restaurant I know on th North Coast that we could say of Fine Dining, apart of the luxury villas on the way to cabrera which are just exquisite.

But i must agree with others: Waterfront is the best in Sosua, it has a very decent table.

As far as Puntilla de Piergiorgio is concerned I think It's overpriced, but their location is breathtaking.

Cheers

Alain

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Joeseph's Grape & Grill. Best food I have ever had in Sosua.
Been back a few times, plus I'm sure a few will agree with me that it's real good :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Robert said:
Joeseph's Grape & Grill. Best food I have ever had in Sosua.

I read a review about this place a few months ago. Is it still only open on the weekends?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think so, not 100% but will find out when I'm in Sosua at the end of this week.
Let me add, the view is outstanding and the ambience very nice.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Joeseph's Grape & Grill. Is that the restaurant innside Sosua By the Sea ?

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Rpbert.

uh huh. I agree.

View is unrivaled. Looks down on the Waterfront. Has the feel of Moroccan tents, each tent poised atop rock cliffs with ocean all around.

Tor, yes, within Sosua by Sea complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.