Still searching

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
I am in Constanza at the moment, still wondering where to settle. There is a name on the map "Los Ranchitas on the Presa de Sabana Buey. Hwy.41 just south of S. Jose de Ocoa. What is the name of the river that empties into the Presa. If you have been there or live there, I would like to know info on the area.

kbf

Apr 24, 2002
Might be better for you to go back where you came from. You seem to be helpless in any direction. Wonder how you made it with a boat to Luperon?!?!?!?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Route 41

Luperonsailor said:
I am in Constanza at the moment, still wondering where to settle. There is a name on the map "Los Ranchitas on the Presa de Sabana Buey. Hwy.41 just south of S. Jose de Ocoa. What is the name of the river that empties into the Presa. If you have been there or live there, I would like to know info on the area.

Luperonsailor,

I do hope someone will be able to provide you with some intelligent information regarding Los Ranchitas rather than go so low as to insult you for asking a question. There is no place for that behavior in this forum.

It has been some time since I have been through the area and I do not want to provide misleading information. However, I wish to advise if you are of a mind to travel to Los Ranchitas from Constanza via route 41 you ask some of the Constanza locals about the present condition of the road. It has been about 3-4 years since I last traveled it and the road condition was very bad in some areas between Constanza and San Jose de Ocoa; a 4x4 vehicle, a truck or SUV (Jeepeta); was best suited for travel on the road at that time. Although time has passed I am of the mindset the road condition has not improved.

I wish you luck with your quest.

Regards,
PJT

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
kbf said:
Might be better for you to go back where you came from. You seem to be helpless in any direction. Wonder how you made it with a boat to Luperon?!?!?!?

Perhaps you should consider giving information instead of insults. This is uncalled for. We were all new here once.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sailor: A lot depends on just how far from civilization you want to go.

Ocoa is one of the most "out of the way" places in the DR. Nice climate.

However, that road to Constanza can be exciting. Generally speaking, your main way out is to go south to the highway between Azua and San Juan de la Maguana, then east to Santo Domingo....

But to each his own...enjoy the countryside....

HB :D:D

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Luperonsailor said:

Your best bet to get to "Los Ranchitos" is driving to Santo Domingo, and from there to Ban?, and then halfway toward Azua, take a right on a road with a sign that says "Cruce de Ocoa" to San Jos? de Ocoa. Los Ranchitos is about 10 kilometers from S.J. de Ocoa, and about 4 kilometers from the main road. The trip is worth it, it is a section of small farming communities nestled in beautiful mountains. If there's a will, there's a way! By the way, the river that empties into the Sabana Buey dam is the Ocoa river.

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
Luperonsailor said:

The entrance to San José de Ocoa is 15 km after Baní. The name of the river is Ocoa.

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Most people wish to help....

Ignore some of these people that use their keyboard to bully others. Take the advice of the wise ones here. I have a friend who is from San Jose de Ocoa and the best way to get there is through Bani.

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
Your thoughts are remarkable

kbf said:
I am enjoying a beautiful country, because I have the means to move every 6 months to where the season takes me. I have seem to have made landfall a whole lot of places and of yet not met any one a witless as you. Hopefully we can meet and I can buy you a beer. Explain the terms manners (which you should have gotten from your mom) and politeness (which should have come for all the whoopings you must have taken for you attitude. Yours very truly, still traveling.