I can't control my addiction....

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
...to DR1!! When I was in Iraq, it was what kept me going thru the night when we were still working after midnight AND that was the time that I actually saw the daily news updates. Here I can't seem to get enough of it either, the forums are great and the info is great for those that don't know much about the DR and its inner workings. Quite honestly, I've never been a member of a better website (now Rob, I would like that endorsement check made out to.......j/k!!). All jokes and 'family' bickering aside, I love it on here. Who else can agree with me on that one?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Jon S. said:
...to DR1!! When I was in Iraq, it was what kept me going thru the night when we were still working after midnight AND that was the time that I actually saw the daily news updates. Here I can't seem to get enough of it either, the forums are great and the info is great for those that don't know much about the DR and its inner workings. Quite honestly, I've never been a member of a better website (now Rob, I would like that endorsement check made out to.......j/k!!). All jokes and 'family' bickering aside, I love it on here. Who else can agree with me on that one?

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!! :classic:

I enjoy chatting with everyone here!!! And I have learned a lot about the Dominican Republic through this website!!! :classic:

Were you stationed in Iraq? If you were, then welcome back home!!! :classic:

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Man, it is hard to walk away. I am always refreshing the page to see if someone has posted something new when I feel the page has been at idle for a while. I have learned and laughted a lot on this site.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I was there for the USAF rotation that I fell into. I even showed the people I worked with all the pics of the beaches and might have convinced some to take a vacation to the DR. Other than the attacks and the ridiculous heat, it was all fine. Besides, when you're restricted to base and have internet access, it helps relieve stress to laugh at the new posts.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Thanks, Anna......I'll have more pics after New Years with more insanity than the previous ones I sent you the link for. Just to show people how regular Dominicans have fun with class and without being all rowdy....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There is something to this site, though nobody can't seem to quite know what it is....

For me, its the debates (what a surprise!).

I enjoy debating here, even when I'm painted as the anti-christ or as an interesting poster, the debates I always do enjoy.

Perhaps it has to do with competition, who knows, but DR1 is excellent.

Like my cousin always says "mejor de ahi se da?a". ;)

-NAL

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
It can get addicting...

I think its all the subliminal messages they are using on us:surprised

Yari:lick:

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Me too.

I too am sort of addicted to checking the message board. It allows me to keep up with the details of life in the DR. After living there and someday planning to return, it seems like little really changes (except Punta Cana). I do hope to meet some of you in the future. I have also added to my own personal knowledge of the country tremendously and had a few laughs along the way. Hillbilly, Golo, and Chris Colon have to be my favorites.

Tom F.

I have to agree my addiction is getting much worse, I was travelling to DR almost ever six weeks and now I just got into an apt in Sosua so it can only get worse for me,That might be a good problem for me and bad news for you Sosua residents out there ;). Badpiece is now a resident of Sosua. :)
Badpiece