Question: Mail from Punta Cana to POP

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Hola all! I need to know how much money it costs to send a package (lightweight--paper) from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata. Is the mail system reliable? How would I send it.. what method is safest and reliable (I assume not regular post). Any information that you wonderful people can share will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Angel_04 xox

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
carina said:
I always get my mail from my clients in Punta Cana by Metro Bus.

Thanks Carina! What is Metrobus.. any ideas as to how much it costs and how long it takes to get to POP? Thank you very much.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Metro is another version of Caribe Tours. They both accept packagesm,envelopes etc as well.
They tell you when you leave a package what bus it will be on, and arrival to the destination. They also call the reciever to let him/her know.

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Thanks again.. do you or anyone else know if there is a website, phone number--any way of contacting this company so that I can get more details. I have a package that must be sent out asap and I am struggling with the best method possible. I suppose it must be an expensive service??? Does it usually arrive the same day? (I know, a hundred and one questions). ;)

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Just go to the closest Caribe Tours or Metro Bus terminal. They usually have a seperate window for packages. I don't know thew cost but many local businesses use it for their daily transfer of documents from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo, so it can't be too costly. I would expect that if you got it out on an early bus it probably would make POP the ame day (probably have to be transfered in SD).

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I thought I had their website saved but no.

Metrobus (tel 809 566 7126).

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This is truly the one thing in the DR that works, and works wonderfully well. You go to the local metro or caribbetours bus station with your package well sealed and the name, city and telephone number of who you're sending to, on the package. The receiving person fills out a short form and you could check the details to see if it is correct.

You take your copy of the form and call the person that you're sending to, with the number on the form. They collect with their telephone number and their identification on the other side.

Something that really works here and it is cheap.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Don´t know the price from Punta Cana. I know stuff I get from there, Cds etc, and also when I sometimes send to PUJ or Santo Domingo it is around 40 pesos.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Chris said:
This is truly the one thing in the DR that works, and works wonderfully well. You go to the local metro or caribbetours bus station with your package well sealed and the name, city and telephone number of who you're sending to, on the package. The receiving person fills out a short form and you could check the details to see if it is correct.

You take your copy of the form and call the person that you're sending to, with the number on the form. They collect with their telephone number and their identification on the other side.

Something that really works here and it is cheap.

You got that right!:classic:
The last package I got from you was sent to "Carina" in "Puerto Plata" and I got it!;)

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Thanks all! You are soooooooooooo fantastic.. you have saved me headache, time and a lot of postal drama! I am going to call Metro and figure this stuff asap. Anyone who has any more info.. feel free to pass it on. Otherwise, this thread has been super successful! xox Have a great day!