Where 2 Buy Televisions?

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Hello,

I need to buy a new Television.

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a good, standard, economical
13-27" Television?

Does you know an estimated price?

I can travel to Sosua, Puerto Plata, Santiago and Santo Domingo (if necessary).

Thanks.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I have purchased 2 different TV sets both at Plaza Lama in Santiago. They have the same prices as Santo Domingo but much better pricing then the puerto plata area.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I have found that TV's are still really expensive in The DR (not sure why). It seems like any little old TV will cost you upwards of 500 USD's. If it's flat panel, forget about it.

Just look at http://www.plazalama.com/ for an idea of what prices are like.

Last time I went I stopped by Circuit City and bought one of those really slim 15"" for about 280.00 USD - I'm sure you can get them cheaper if you look around. I put it in my carry on suitcase and took it with me down there. My sister in Philly sent a 27"" door to door for 100 USD.

So my advise would be that if you can buy in The US and take it down there it is a much better proposition.

Last edited:

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Recomendations

If you can to buy your tv in usa and use a shipment company to bring it here will be cheaper. To buy a tv here will cost you twice including the shipment.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Is it not there anymore? It was a few streets over from Parque Central and had a Western Union in the back.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
In Puerto Plata the only resonable places to get TVs are Gonzalez Muebles, Casa Nelson if new ones. But it is expensive here.
Also, if you don´t need a new, a compra venta ( pawn shop ) like Compra Venta Antonio close to CaribeTour is an option. Much cheaper and not very old stuff.
A week ago I bought a Playstation 2 for my son there, for 3000 pesos. New price is 8000 here.
As good as new.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Charlielyn said:
Is it not there anymore? It was a few streets over from Parque Central and had a Western Union in the back.
That's what I thought, it was La Curacao. Closed by the government for tax evasion. Thanks for recommending them anyway.