paradisus punta cana?

duffs

Oct 25, 2005
My wife and I are going to the DR for the first time and will be staying at paradisus punta cana. Any info. good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Any activities in the area worth visiting? Maybe fishing also?

Thanks

michele1028

Nov 9, 2005
I just got back from my honeymoon at the paradisus and loved it. I wouldn't take the swim with the sharks excursion...you really just snorkel, not like other islands where you actually get to feed them and get up close. But the resort is fabulous...try the Mama Juana.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
duffs said:
My wife and I are going to the DR for the first time and will be staying at paradisus punta cana. Any info. good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Any activities in the area worth visiting? Maybe fishing also?

Thanks
Dont know if you are interested in any excursions, may want to try the Outback Safari or Bavaro runners. Also, there are day trips offered from Bavaro to both Saona and Catalina islands, both which I highly recommend.
Not far from your resort is the small shopping complex, Plaza Bavaro if you are interested. You can also walk down the beach...make a right onto the beach, walk about 30mins and you will reach the small town of Cortecito....make a left down the beach and a ways down,there is a small market with beach vendors.Enjoy!;)

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
Watchout for the smiling faces

drloca said:
Dont know if you are interested in any excursions, may want to try the Outback Safari or Bavaro runners. Also, there are day trips offered from Bavaro to both Saona and Catalina islands, both which I highly recommend.
Not far from your resort is the small shopping complex, Plaza Bavaro if you are interested. You can also walk down the beach...make a right onto the beach, walk about 30mins and you will reach the small town of Cortecito....make a left down the beach and a ways down,there is a small market with beach vendors.Enjoy!;)

Careful with the smiling faces acting as hosts of the resort. They will try to pitch you to take a timeshare presentation. When you ask them if its time share they will tell you Absolutely Not...we will just show you how to cut out the travel agent and save money....
Paradisus was sold out ages ago, but they keep selling over and over, because now they use POINTS......which basically means you own absolutely nothing and can never get in. You can get packages including the airfare for less than you will pay for the maintainence and food package AFTER you shell out a fortune to buy their new "garbage product"
If you get caught up in the tour...take the gift and run!!!!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
gringagirly said:
Careful with the smiling faces acting as hosts of the resort. They will try to pitch you to take a timeshare presentation. When you ask them if its time share they will tell you Absolutely Not...we will just show you how to cut out the travel agent and save money....
Paradisus was sold out ages ago, but they keep selling over and over, because now they use POINTS......which basically means you own absolutely nothing and can never get in. You can get packages including the airfare for less than you will pay for the maintainence and food package AFTER you shell out a fortune to buy their new "garbage product"
If you get caught up in the tour...take the gift and run!!!!

How is this relevant to my recommendations for off-resort activities??? I havent stayed at Paradissus! They are in the process of being taken over by the Princess group of hotels.

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
drloca said:
How is this relevant to my recommendations for off-resort activities??? I havent stayed at Paradissus! They are in the process of being taken over by the Princess group of hotels.

Hey,
Drloca...chill out...sorry, the message was meant for Duff...they asked for ANY info good or bad..and often a excursion is offered free if one agrees to take a time share tour.
What relevance does Princess group taking over the the hotel have to do with anything ( Which BTW is not true)....
If it BECOMES true.....there goes Paradisus down the drain..............Princess hotels stink in my opinion.