Gran Ventana and Toddlers

mitchy25

Nov 9, 2005
Hello Everyone. This is my first post here. I am Canadian. My wife and I have travelled extensively throughout Europe with a baby in tow :classic:. I just have a few questions. Maybe you can help. We will be staying at the Gran Ventana in the shortly. My boys will be 14 months and 34 months old. Can the children eat at the a la carte restaurants, or are we confined to eating at the buffet only? Most of our day will be spent at the beach, and maybe a couple excursions into town. Also are Kahki's, clean running shoes, and a nice collared button up T-shirt acceptable at the a la cartes? Or is it more formal? Mosquitoes this time of year? And I've heard bad things about the rooms by the "quiet pool". Like noise all night long. Are the rumours substantiated? If anyone has any experiences with their toddlers at the Gran Ventana, I would love to hear from you! Thanks in advance, Anne and Mitch.

Sep 19, 2005
I know this wont be of MUCH help....but we stayed one night at that hotel. And we stayed in the back building where the "quiet" pool probably was_is....but you know rain solid all afternoon and night will do that ...HUH! ha ha ha...we didnt hear a peep or see any other resdients in that building... and all the noise I heard seemed to be coming from my own room!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: I saw plent of younger kids hanging around the lounges...but none as young as you have...I didnt eat at the non buffet resturants, but did walk by many times and I didnt see any young kids...doesnt mean a thing....but call will solve that question for sure...if you cant get an asnwer...good luck....bob

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Hi, Gran Ventana consists of 2 buildings. Both with pool. The main pool have a built in bar, as well as one side built as a beach, i.e you walk in to the pool..
Long pants ( not formal though )for the a la carte, at Gran Ventana you can chose between Italian, Dominican, regular a la carte, buffet and a grill that is by the beach.
There are also several bars, a gym, small libary, internet, massage, hairdresser, some small shops and a game floor with pool tables and more.
You can have your baby with you everywhere, and most surely the baby will be the star of the evenings... Dominicans LOVE babies.
You will have a great stay. Not much mosquitos this time of the year.

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
We stayed two weeks at Gran Ventana last year with a 5-year old and a baby. All the people working there were very friendly to them. The pool is really nice, and the beach is as close as possible to the hotel.
We never had problems because of noise during the nights, and also our kids slept very good.
You can go with the children in the restaurants without any problem. One time we were having diner and the baby was crying so much, the supervisor of the restaurent came to pick her up and walked around with her untill she stopped crying, and we could finish our dinner nice and quiet !
There's also a mini club where the children can play and before the show they do the mini disco (but your kids are probably too small for this)
The hotel is also very close to the plaza(shops), so anything you need is at walking distance.
Enjoy your stay at gran ventana!