Livng in Star Hills

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Does anyone who lives in Star Hills read this forum? If so, I'd like to correspond with you about some questions I have about that area.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
i just took a drive through there a few minutes ago for the first time.

not great looking... not too bad, though.

one really nice / big place flying a huge American Flag.

Also saw an honorary Spanish consulate in there.

and that's all i know about that...

palmiche

Mar 26, 2005
DogsRule said:
Does anyone who lives in Star Hills read this forum? If so, I'd like to correspond with you about some questions I have about that area.

If you're planning to invest there, my advise is to stay away!

-It is in the middle of nowhere, close to nothing.
-Development is owned by a sick old gentleman who is the "Honorary Consul of Spain". He is Dominican thought.
-Price of land is too high
-Maintenance fees and electricity is not cheap neither reliable
-Contrary to what they claim the development is not secure or well guarded either. The perimeter is not secure.
-The hotel complex is more than 50% unsold and it does not mix well with some nice and expensive houses in the project.
-Not a beach front and you'll need your own transportation to go to "playa dorada" or "POP"
-Collective Taxis are not recommended at night.

palmiche

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Black Snow

The question I wanted to ask, I guess I'll just post. I know there are sugar cane fields between there and the ocean below, and I wondered if the ashes from burning the stubble drifts up and covers the area? I was at the POP Country Club near there last summer and the ashes were falling like black snow all around. I wondered if this is a major problem for landowners in
Star Hills.

palmiche

Mar 26, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Hotel?????

Yes...ex-hotel / non-operating hotel / closed hotel.

All those 2 stories building around the swimming pool used to be a hotel who went bankrupt a few years ago.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
A few years - more like 8 or so.

The only things I know about Star Hills is there is a problem with Tarantulas and yes during the Zafra they do get the smoke and ashe from the sugar cane. They also get the little biting bugs that come off the sugar cane.