Insight?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Hey all,

I am truly playing the last minute game and have found two options for Thanksgiving travel.

Option one is to fly into Santiago and stay in Cabarete at Punta Goleta.

Option 2 is to fly into SD and stay in Juan DOlio at an AI.

Option 1 is attractive because we (fam of 4) will be closer to Sosua for the Thanksgiving party which we want to attend. However, I am am not sure how we (family of 4) will get from Santiago to Cabarete. Our flight gets in around 4; will we have time to get a bus from STI to CAB and then on to the hotel? I just don't want to make the trip overly complicated.

Option 2 is attractive because a simply taxi from airport ot AI and we are in paradise for a week. I just don't like missing the Thanksgiving party espe as we fly home Friday.

So, if anyone has insight into transfers for option 1, please let me know. I am booking this afternoon.

Thanks

Mainegirl
JeffAir
Thing1
Thing2

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
There are two basic options to travel from Santiago to Cabarete at 4 am:
1. Wait until 6 am and take the bus to Sosua and then taxi to Cabarete
2. Negotiate for a cab, I paid $60 usd last time.
The bus is cheaper, but you have four people ...
The bus is also probably safer since its bigger.
Make sure you have warm clothes as they run the a/c on the bus at maximum.
The trick is going to be choosing a cabbie at that hour of the day who is reasonably reliable and will agree to a set price and not try to renegotiate enroute!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Even though it means we won't be seeing you here in SD, Cabarete sounds like the better option.

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Well, the hotel is now saying there is a bus at 4 30, but I have no idea if it is from STI or POP. I guess I can call them up and see what the deal is.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Amity,

If your plane lands at 4 pm, you will have time to get the Caribe Tours bus to Sosua. The bus stop is also the taxi terminal, so there will be no trouble getting a taxi from Sosua to Cabarete.

The last Caribe Tours bus leaves Santo Domingo for Sosua at 6 or 7 pm, passing through Santiago on the way about 2 hours later.

Sep 19, 2005
I am flying in on the 18th as well, though in the morning. I was thinking if it was after monday, I could have driven you, because we were thinking of going to puerto plata-sosua a few times possibly after the 21st......but we have plans for santiago that friday night. good luck......see you at the thanksgiving bash hopefully.......bob

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
A big thanks to all.

We leave this coming Friday and we'll spend a week in Cabarete. I've never been to Cabarete! I think we will have a great trip and we will make the Sosua bash.

I'll call the hotel this week and nail down the transfer.