Canadian woman, looking for a job in Puerto Plata

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
Hi all, I just wondered if any of you know who I can send my spanish resume to in Puerto Plata in order to try to find a job. I want to go there for a few months and would like to earn some income while I am there.

Thank you to all,
eso mami

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
My Qualifications....better yet here is my english resume

Sonia Dagenais
527-1170 Fisher Av
Ottawa, ON, Canada
K1Z 5R7
Movil : (613) 293-5988
E-Mail ID : eso_momy@hotmail.com
Languages : English, French, Spanish
Desired Work Location : Puerto Plata, Republica Dominicana

CAREER OBJECTIVES

To obtain a challenging and fun job in the Republica Dominicana in which I can utilize my skills in all 3 languages, Ingles, Frances y Espa?ol. I have a lot of experience in the customer service departments.

SUMMARY

?Recognized for being creative, innovative and highly motivated in developing others goals as well as self?s
?Experienced Customer Service Representative with excellent communications skills
?Dependable team player known to being committed to personal development also has an understanding of the business goals
?Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
?Self-determined individual whom adapts easily to changes
?Excellent organization and prioritization skills
?Ability to ensure positive customer contact

WORK EXPERIENCE

Bell Canada January 2000 - Present

Client Representative ? 310-BELL May 2002- June 2002

Volunteered for 310-BELL coverage in the Billing Department ? Zero Out Queue
?Provided customers as well as internal representatives accurate information regarding their bills in order to ensure the customers understanding.
?Adjusted customers accounts when wrongly billed
?Succeeded in receiving a commendation from a customer due to customer satisfaction

High Speed Centre ? Client Representative July 2001 - Present

?Handled internal and external calls which customers were provided with accurate information in regards to their High Speed orders
?Processed High Speed customer request in a timely manner in order to meet office requirements
?Translated the Call Flow in French along with co-workers resulting in proper customer communication and to attain a One Call Resolution
?Analyze and address the customers underlying needs

Regional Listening Centre - Information Processor January 2000 - July 2001

?Monitored the Call Quality which Client Representative?s offered to customers to ensure the customers satisfaction and to maintain proper Business Etiquette
?Initiated and designed the Wall Of Fame for the Regional Listening Centre resulting in visual recognition of employee perfection
?Committed work ethics demonstrated by perfect attendance and punctuality
?Demonstrated flexibility and teamwork with call sharing and comment reading of French calls
?Exceeded both feedback and QSQ compliance targets through commitment to accuracy and data integrity
?Provided side by side peer coaching
?Selected to be in charge of the French team for 2 weeks

Malmberg Truck & Trailer Equipment June 97 - Sept 97
June 98 - Sept 98
Receptionist - Customer Service
?Answered the telephone including 8 lines and an internal paging system resulting in company and customer communication
?Consistently filed and sorted daily invoices in numerical order, resulting in organized records
?Deposited the daily cash flow for the company resulting in accurate balance money incoming into the company
?Distributed mail to customers resulting in the companies income
?Organized invoice books in monthly order which resulted in organization

EDUCATION

?St-Mary?s Elementary School (French Education) 1985-1992 Quyon, Quebec, Canada
?Pontiac Protestant High School (English Education) 1992 -1997
Shawville, Quebec, Canada

COMPUTER BASED SKILLS
Key Punch: 80 words per minute

General Skills:

?(Advanced) Corel Draw
?(Advanced) Microsoft Office 97, Microsoft Office 2000
?(Intermediate) MS Excel (learning currently)
?(Advanced) Windows 95/98 and ME Operating Systems
?(Advanced) Netscape Communicator (BESI)
?(Advanced) Internet
?(Intermediate) Lotus 1-2-3
?(Basic) Powerpoint
?(Advanced) HTML

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
Areas In Which I Would Like To Work

Ocean World
resorts as a waitress perhaps
reception desks at resorts or hotels

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
no, sorry

Hi Anna,

No i did not, I am sorry i don't know where the best money is. Do you? Can you let me know....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Look all through the living forum that is where people ask about jobs and what they pay. The best paying job in a resort might pay about 10,000 pesos a month which is about 300 US.

You may want to look into wedding planner.

Look in our new employment forum that might be a better forum to ask.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Last edited:

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
how interesting...

really? that is interesting Anna, thank you. I might have to start with planning my own wedding (getting married to my boyfriend that lives in Puerto Plata in april 2006 when I go back) LOL very very very interesting you mentionned that. Thank you so much!

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
eso_mami said:
really? that is interesting Anna, thank you. I might have to start with planning my own wedding (getting married to my boyfriend that lives in Puerto Plata in april 2006 when I go back) LOL very very very interesting you mentionned that. Thank you so much!
You should tell us about him.
A Canadian woman marrying a guy from Puerto Plata is sure to get the attention of the DR1 peanut gallery.

Congratulations and good luck with the job search.:classic:

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
thank you

I have been looking at the threads you sent me. Thank you lots of good information there

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
peanut gallery...LOL

he is a wonderful guy. we are in love, not much more to say about that. Let's focus on my job search LOL

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
right Anna. I understand there are a lot of negative stories but hey, it does happen once in a while to have a positive success story once in a while...thank you for your support ;-)

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
why should he bother?

mountainfrog said:
How about letting your husband to be do some job hunting for you.
I'm sure he has some interest in you earning good money.

Well, but then, why should he bother ....

what exactly do you mean by that mountainfrog?