Land Size!

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Good day,

I see land for sale and their all measured in "Tarea" (don't know the actual spelling). How do I measure a "tarea"? In meters? feets? Also, what are the measurements of a Tarea?

Thanks

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Thank you Escott

Another question: Does anybody know the approximate price for a tarea around the North Coast in pesos?

Thanks

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Also, since a tarea is 629m2, does this mean that the Height is 25m and the Width is 25.16m or the opposite way around?

Or it doesn't matter because no matter the difference between the Height and Width, a tarea will always be 629m2?

Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Height? I think you mean length? 629 m2

Price for what sort of land? Farm land? Beach front, Inside Sosua or Cabarete? Huge differences in price per tarea depending on location.

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Yes, I meant Length. And since its Square Meters, that mean that it will not look like a rectangle, correct?

Farm Land in the Province of Monte Cristi

Last edited:

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
One last thing...

What's the word for "tarea" in english? I know its not Homework. Its not Acre or Hectare. So what is it?

Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
drvisitor said:

Maybe somebody on board can help you with information, but most of us who live on North Coast are more familiar with Puerto Plata to Rio San Juan. Farm land in Monte Cristi should be very cheap in comparison.

As far as I know, "tarea" doesn't have an English translation other than, as Escott told you, about 1/7th of an acre.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
drvisitor said:
Thank you Escott

Another question: Does anybody know the approximate price for a tarea around the North Coast in pesos?

Thanks
biggest qualification is how big a piece you are buying. Land that is .40 per m2 in 200,000 quantity is less than 629 which may be 20x-40x that price.

It is also a matter of multiplication to figure out how many m2 you have. It can be any shape.

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Escott said:
biggest qualification is how big a piece you are buying. Land that is .40 per m2 in 200,000 quantity is less than 629 which may be 20x-40x that price.

It is also a matter of multiplication to figure out how many m2 you have. It can be any shape.

I'm not really following what you're saying. Can you do an example with, say, 100 tarea.

Thanks

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Not sure what you want an example of. You multiply the the dimentions and you get square footage or meters or yards. Doesn't have to be square or rectangle and it can even be round although the math is more difficult.

Sometime land is separated by rivers, cliffs and other natural boundries so they are NOT square.

100 Tarea is 62900 m2. You will pay less when you buy 100 tarea than if you bought just one per tarea. Larger the parcel the less the price.

Hope this helps

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
He he..we got a live one here

drvisitor said:
Yes, I meant Length. And since its Square Meters, that mean that it will not look like a rectangle, correct?

only IF you don't buy a traffic circle or a "pie" shaped" tarea. On the other hand instead of square meters you could buy rounded meters. There're cheaper but they come on the market and sell quickly.

yoursinhumor-john

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Escott said:
Not sure what you want an example of. You multiply the the dimentions and you get square footage or meters or yards. Doesn't have to be square or rectangle and it can even be round although the math is more difficult.

Sometime land is separated by rivers, cliffs and other natural boundries so they are NOT square.

100 Tarea is 62900 m2. You will pay less when you buy 100 tarea than if you bought just one per tarea. Larger the parcel the less the price.

Hope this helps

I understand now. Very Helpful

Thank You Very Much

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
When I was in DR in July, someone bought each tarea at RD$18,000. I met him in the Province of Monte Cristi. I don't know where he bought the tarea at (wasn't significant to me at the time) and I don't remember exactly how many he bought (I know he bought a lot).

Does RD$18,000/tarea sound cheap compared to the areas you guys are familiar with?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
John-what did you start here??

drvisitor said:
What's the math on determining Rounded Meters?
I don't know much about the math-I only know rounded meters sell very fast, especially in the winter when the tourist flock to the Dom. Rep.

Rounded meters were once sold by a guy who sold a very famous bridge. Oh, what was the name of that bridge?? Anyway Escott can probably give you the math on rounded meters. Hurry, he might be out there right now trying to buy some of them.

ohmygod.wheredowegofromhere?

JOHN

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
johne said:
I don't know much about the math-I only know rounded meters sell very fast, especially in the winter when the tourist flock to the Dom. Rep.

Rounded meters were once sold by a guy who sold a very famous bridge. Oh, what was the name of that bridge?? Anyway Escott can probably give you the math on rounded meters. Hurry, he might be out there right now trying to buy some of them.

ohmygod.wheredowegofromhere?

JOHN

Why does rounded tareas sell very fast? What's so special about them?

drvisitor

Oct 31, 2005
Escott said:
There are squares and pies involved in rounded believe it or not!

Can I get a formula at least? And what is what? For example:

X * X = X Squared
Where:
X = Lentgh
X = Width

Something like that, please.

Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's cut the crappo! :(

A tarea is part of the old way to measure land in the DR. Just like Caballerías is the usid used in Cuba and other places.

Look, at 629 sq mts per tqrea, we usually figure 6 tareas to the acre. 15.9 tareas is considered a hectare (10,000 sq meters) and 2.5 acres = a hectare.)

Any parcel of land in the DR is measures in areas, and hectares on the official documents.. However, in most land deals, people talk about "tareas."

$18,000 pesos for land in Monte cristi is huge!! It had better be irrigated prime farm land. Preferible\y rice farms....and then it is still dear.

The way to check for prices it to ask around in the area. See what other lands are selling for....Only PIB, on this board, could find out from her family the approximate price of a parcel of land in that area...

The rest are guessing.

HB :D:D:D