current taxi rates

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Can anyone tell me the following:

Rate from Santiago airport to Metro bus or caribe Tours bus stop in Santiago.

I know the bus is fairly cheap and they should have posted rates from STi to Sosua but does anyone know what it is?

From Sosua, rate to Cabarete in a taxi.

Thanks in advance.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
As with many things there is no real hard and fast rule but:

STI - Caribe Tours (I don't think Metro go to Sosua, only POP)
$RD400 pesos
$20US
For the vehicle, not per person.

Caribe Tours Santiago - Sosua
Ken can probably give you a better idea but I think about $RD100 - $RD150 per person.

Sosua - Cabarete
$RD 300 - $RD400
$15US - $20US
For the vehicle, not per person.

All, mas o menos of course.

Once you add it all up you might consider having Hillbilly's friend JJ meet you and take you right to Cabarete in an A/C taxi van for about $70US. I used JJ last month and can speak for his first class service.

Gregg

P.S. - The twin rates are what they will try to charge you if paying in $US, IMHO.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Metro only to Puerto Plata.

Sosua to Santo Domingo presently RD$240, so Sosua to Santiago should be no more than RD$100.

By all means PM HB. You already know that he is an admirer of yours. I can arrange for a taxi from Sosua to meet you at the airport if HB can't help you.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
MaineGirl said:
I'd much rather have a driver meet us, Gregg--thank you for the quick and handy info. Should I just pm HB?

Thanks again.
Yes, contact HB. If for any reason that fails I have JJ's contact info (his wife speaks perfect English and he can communicate in English very well too) so just let me know.

Gregg

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
FireGuy said:
Once you add it all up you might consider having Hillbilly's friend JJ meet you and take you right to Cabarete in an A/C taxi van for about $70US. I used JJ last month and can speak for his first class service.
I agree, use JJ. With 4 people, it pays (finance-wise, comfort-wise, and time-wise) to have a large comfortable van take you point-to-point rather than get in a cab, wait for a bus, take the bus, and then scramble to take another cab.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Thanks guys. Love this board for this very reason--lots of help when needed.

Ken, will you be at the Thanksgiving party?

If not can we arrange a coffee hour next week?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
MaineGirl said:
Ken, will you be at the Thanksgiving party?

If not can we arrange a coffee hour next week?

Amity, especially now that I know you will be there, I am planning to get there after dinner. I'll send you a PM.

m555

Mar 2, 2004
2008 prices?

I know it's an old thread lol.

I just searched and could not find.

So my questions are the same, how much for: taxi STI-CaribeTour (or Metro) station, bus fare to Sosua, or taxi STI-Sosua, but 2008 prices !

Thank you all !

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
STI- Metro.Caribe Tours= about RD$450-500 (about $15..)

the other prices, I ain't got no ideee...sorry...

HB

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
darlings, how much now for Metro STI to Sosua and then a taxi Sosua to Cabarete?

Darling, STI to Bus stations = 20 USD; Taxi rate STI to Sosua = 100 USD; the Metro does go to Sosua with a stop in PP; bus fare about 8 USD.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Prymetyme: be wary of these guys, the very same will land you in a whole load of poo when skint.