Bringing Dog To Usa,,, How?

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
There was a thread of how to bring dog to DR;

i would like to know the reverse:
can someone tell me the steps/process to bring a dog to the usa from dr?

thnx.

THE GAME.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004

...........contact your airline first.......each has different regs from DR to US due to heat / cold..........only certain times can they travel.

............you have to get a paper from the DR airport that you bring to the VET that needs to be signed along with any shots that they need. (some vets have the paper)

...........travel case has to be twice as big as the dog, they say.....

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
POP Bad Boy said:
...........contact your airline first.......each has different regs from DR to US due to heat / cold..........only certain times can they travel.

............you have to get a paper from the DR airport that you bring to the VET that needs to be signed along with any shots that they need. (some vets have the paper)

...........travel case has to be twice as big as the dog, they say.....

thnx for that info..

and do airlines charge to bring dog or any other pet or does it count as 1 of the 2 allowed luggage?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
American Airlines...........

...............was $100.00 last year.....not sure of what it is now...........OH......and he/she needs a reservation.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
POP Bad Boy said:
...............was $100.00 last year.....not sure of what it is now...........OH......and he/she needs a reservation.

wow.. i'm sure it's more this yr.... ummmm imagine if all pet seats are taken?
just kidding.. i know, they go inside as cargo.

thnx.

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
Dogs...international traveling

THE GAME said:
wow.. i'm sure it's more this yr.... ummmm imagine if all pet seats are taken?
just kidding.. i know, they go inside as cargo.

thnx.
They only go into cargo if they are too large to fit under the seat...and yes, on board they do limit the reservations...think it's 2 per cabin, and for some airlines it's first come first serve, reservation or not.....get there early, because a vet at the airport needs to review the papers from your vet, and of course charge you $$...THEN you proceed to the check-in at the counter and pay for the pet's ticket. It's around $100, more or less, for cabin. You also need a kennel that will fit under the seat. I found one that looked like a small suitcase that expanded and also had wheels...way cool!
But believe me, it's a pain in the you know what...I've done it back AND forth many times.....