I need some information (some are strange) on DR

S

Sunny

I am trying to win a trip to the Dominican Republic (otherwise right now I can not afford to go) and I need to answer a few questions in the game.

1. When was the last huge Hurricane in DR. 2. What is the most tipical drink in the DR and what is it made out of. 3. Are there olives, tomatoes, kivis grown in DR. 4. What is the difference in the Dominican Community and Republic. What is same about their history.

Well, I guess so much for now.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks Sunny

K

Katia

Re: I need some information (some are strange) on

Hi,

I only have the answers to the first 3 ones.

1. September 1998. 2. Rum and it's made with the sugar canes that grow in DR. 3. No they aren't.

Good luck anyways.

Katia

N

noelle

Last hurricane was September 1998 (22nd)... Re typical drinks... pina colada (run, coconut milk, pinapple juice) or typical Cuba Libre, rhum and coke, Santo Libre, rhum and sprite. Re olives.. no, kiwis.. no but lots of tomatoes!!! Last question I will leave it for someone else....Cheers Sofy's B&B!

T

Tom

Clarification

4. What is the difference in the Dominican Community and Republic. What is same about their history.

Sunny

I guess I am a little dense, but could you more clearly explain that question? Are you asking the difference in a "country" and a Republic, or the Dominican Nation as a Government versus Community Govt.? Very confusing to me and apparently others, as I have seen no answers

Tom

P

prtyr

I don't know how you distinguish between huge hurricanes and not so huge ones, but didn't Hurricane George or Jorge pound the Boca Chica area pretty hard last year?

As far as most popular drinks. If beer counted Presidente of course. If not most likeley either Cuba Libre, Rum and Coke. Heck they even pass out Brugal Rum when you get off the plane. Also Mama Juana which is a type of Rum with some strange looking roots in the bottle.