Montellabo

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Never heard of it, are you sure it is not Montellano?
There can surely be a Montejabo somewhere as well...

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
carina said:
Never heard of it, are you sure it is not Montellano?
There can surely be a Montejabo somewhere as well...

here is more info.
LOS CIRUELOS, located between Puerto Plata and Montellabo

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It's just a typo.
Montellano is the actual name.
It's located approx. halfway between Sosua & POP. has a large residential section, a sugar cane plant, as most of the land is covered in cane.
What else would you like to know?

Last edited:

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
thanks Rocky...just wondering if it a decent place to live...seems this Swis Dr. needs someone to rent his house as he in not well and had to leave for Switzerland..will be up in Sosua next week for thanksgiving dinner and will go there.....
thanks again,bob

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Montellano

Rocky said:
It's just a typo.
Montellano is the actual name.
It's located approx. halfway between Sosua & POP. has a large residential section, a sugar cane plant, as most of the land is covered in cane.
What else would you like to know?

thanks Rocky...just wondering if it a decent place to live...seems this Swis Dr. needs someone to rent his house as he in not well and had to leave for Switzerland..will be up in Sosua next week for thanksgiving dinner and will go there.....
thanks again,bob
Edit/Delete Message

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
jaguarbob said:
thanks again,bob
It depends if the place is on the Dominican side of town or the Haitian side of town...

Gregg

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
FireGuy said:
It depends if the place is on the Dominican side of town or the Haitian side of town...

Gregg

Which is the Dominican side and which is the Haitian side? Spent a few weeks in Montellano last year and had no idea it was divided into "sides". I think I was at the Dominican side, though.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
FireGuy said:

Gregg

I was just speaking to my friend from Montellano today and she also mentioned that a lot of Haitians were settling down in certain areas of town.
Bartolomeo

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Montellano was first founded as a sugar cane mill, in the beginning of this century, by Augusto and Rudolfo Bentz, who were the sons of German immigrants from Bremen.
Around this a society grow up, today it is Montellano.
Where there is sugar canes, you will always find a Haitian settlement, as that area provides them with work.
In Monellano there is a part of the town that is a Haitian Settlement, and you also have a huge settlement behind the city up towards the country side, by the mudroads.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Bartolomeo67 said:
I was just speaking to my friend from Montellano today and she also mentioned that a lot of Haitians were settling down in certain areas of town.
Bartolomeo
the house is actually in Los Ciruelos,not Montellano...what is the difference????
bob

small village called LOS CIRUELOS, located between Puerto Plata and Montellabo.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Rocky said:
Drop in when you get here, and if I don't have time to drive you there, I'll give you the right directions.

thanks Rocky,will be in for ribs probably wed...
bob