Cockfights in or around Sosua ??

Stephan

Jun 20, 2004
Anybody knows if there is a cockfight-arena in the Sosua-area and when these events are hold ?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
They closed the locale down in Charamicos, a couple of years ago.
There may be one in Sosua Abajo.
There is definitely one in Montellano, if you don't mind a 10 minute ride on the public transport.
Send me a PM or an email to remind me to ask our waitress when the fights are on.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Marco, I believe there is also one in Cabarete; just before you get to town take a dirt road to the right past the small local school.

Gregg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
FireGuy said:
Marco, I believe there is also one in Cabarete; just before you get to town take a dirt road to the right past the small local school.

Gregg
There probably is, but, as Sonia, our morning waitress, lives in Montellano, she will be able to give us the exact location and schedule, for the one in her town.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you don?t mind about a 35 minute ride from Sosua, you can go to Jamao. Every Sunday afternoon at about 4PM they start and continue for many hours. The arena is first class for cockfighting.

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Tuesday night

There is one in Los Charamicos. It takes place every tuesday (around 9 o'clock). I can't remember the name of the bar, this is where all the pool tables are. Does someone knows which bar I'm talking about?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just got some new info. The pool table bar described in the above post, is in fact where the old cockfight locale was, and apparently they have been open for fights for the last 3 months, but they are renovating right now, and there are either no, or very little fights for right now.
I understand that the Montellano one is on Saturdays & Sundays around midday, and I will get more exact info soon.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rocky said:
Just got some new info. The pool table bar described in the above post, is in fact where the old cockfight locale was, and apparently they have been open for fights for the last 3 months, but they are renovating right now, and there are either no, or very little fights for right now.
I understand that the Montellano one is on Saturdays & Sundays around midday, and I will get more exact info soon.
Just making sure, knowing how your mind works, we are talking about cockfights between fowl, aren't we?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
HOWMAR said:
Just making sure, knowing how your mind works, we are talking about cockfights between fowl, aren't we?
The thought never even crossed my virgin-like mind until you mentioned it.